what kind of watch do you wear? - page 4
by ohmeowzer RN 27,648 Views | 58 Comments
i have been having alot of trouble finding a watch that can handle the rigors of being washed alot and also some of the plastic bands make me break out. i have to wear hydrocortisone creme with a bandaid under my watch or i have... Read More
- 0Mar 30, '08 by SDALPNI have a watch from Wal-mart. I've had it for a few years and only replaced the band once. So far it hasn't even needed a new battery, but I know thats coming. I'll just buy a new one at that point. I won't risk my nice watches at work so I just wear the cheap ones. If they get ruined or break its not a huge loss.
I have the same problem breaking out. I've found if I only wear my watch while I'm at work or out of the house and take it off at home it helps "air out" the skin.
- 0Apr 5, '08 by lregisterHey,
I received a Seiko for graduation and love it but I had to send it out to have the day/date thingy fixed. My 8 year old bought a $5 pink velco digital/hand combo at WalMart so I had been using that.
However, Thursday, I was assisting an OB/GYN with a labor induction. The patient's water broke and shot out with such pressure that the fluid saturated my watch band.
In light of that, I would recommend that you get a metal band watch that can take a good scrubbing!
- 0Apr 6, '08 by dee78Quote from danissaI found your watch but it's in the UK.This is a Fob watch, pins to your uniform. Great things, I had a heart shaped one with Eyore on the face until the other day, when I took my scrubs from the drier..and the watch was still attatched! Guess its not waterproof..or drier proof either! It's all broke!! And I got it as a present too!
Wishin for another one now, its so handy to have a watch pined to your front!
- 0Jun 5, '08 by Morettia2I have a swiss army watch that has military time, a large watch face with a lrge second hand and also has a LED light I can use for Neuro Checks, better then any pen light I own and I am on my second one. The down side is the watch was discontinued and it can only be serviced at a swiss army authorized place and the batteries are expensive, but I bought the same watch off e-bay for 1/2 the price after my first one broke from all of the abuse it took over 3 years. My Aunt who is the one who bought it for me loved it, she is a ER RN, I got her the same exact watch for her b-day. WE love these watches as RN's and everyone always asks where they can get one.
- 0Jun 20, '08 by DD_Drummer44It's tough trying to find a men's watch with alot of the features most nurses recommend, but I found it!!
-Water resistant 165 ft
-I think it has glow in the dark hands??
-Button to illuminate the numbers
I got this during a crazy sale at Kohl's for $13.00. Not bad for a budget watch!