Stethoscope EngravingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Stethoscope Engraving in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... I am buying my first Littmann since I was using a Prestige in school and wanted to upgrade. On...by HelloooRN Feb 19I am buying my first Littmann since I was using a Prestige in school and wanted to upgrade. On Medisave.net the site offers free engraving on the bell I am planning on putting my name and RN after it. I see that you can put symbols such as a smiley face, heart, cloud, cross, or even horoscopes. I have never seen these on a stethoscope before. Are these symbols considered unprofessional? I know it doesnt change how you work obviously but I am wondering how others see it. In clinical my instructor commented on my stethoscope being "loud" because it was purple so this made me think of it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=816593©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,186 Views
- Feb 22 by MedChicaI don't see the big deal. If you want to put a smiley on it? Put a smiley on it.
Have you see some of these nurse badge holders, i.e., ladybugs and frogs and Betty Boop and such, etc...?
Yes, I do have some. I wear 'smiley face' and 'ladybug' holders.
My accessories (uniform, nurse bag, are just another way for me to show my personality.
I just bought a Littman electronic steth (3100), too. After salivating all over my coworkers for 3 weeks. Like, literally. I wasn't alone, either. She put it to her chest and turned up the volume?
It was like a metronome! We were gathered around her all awestruck...as if we'd just discovered fire.
And I bought mine through the same company as you. It's 'Plum'. The only reason why I didn't put symbols on it? I couldn't because it wouldn't fit. I have a long name.
- Feb 22 by rachel8908I just bought a littmann classic II for nursing school from the same sight, i had it engraved with my name and a heart at the end, because like the other poster said, it just shows a little personality, so i don't see it unprofessional at all.
- Feb 23 by Twinmom06I have a smiley face and a peace sign on mine...and I have Caribbean blue tubing and the rainbow head...I've had a lot of compliments on it!
- Feb 25 by 302queenmine has my name and a heart too lol
- Mar 1 by g2mommaI ordered the pink pearl one from the same site you did, I also have my name and one heart before and after my name. I have overheard a resident ask another where he got his stethoscope and his reply was "I was told the nurses always have the best ones, so just borrow theirs and keep it". I knew at that moment that having my name on it would be easier if I ever had to track it down if it ever was borrowed.
- Mar 6 by ILoveHealthCareI bought my littmann classic ii se from the same site. I have my full name and a heart. That is all it would fit as my name is pretty long. Mine is gray and matches everything!