Nursing support hose/socks
- 0Jul 10, '13 by avaloncar, RNI just purchased three Nursemates compression trouser support socks with 11mmHg strength. I tried them on and it didn't feel very tight or "compressing", lol. I didn't want to start with a high strength and suffer through that. But maybe I need a stronger strength?
Does anyone else use these socks? How do you like them? Any complaints?
- 1Jul 11, '13 by WannaBNurseyI use the actual compression hose that is used on patients on long term bed rest . I found the brand that my hospital uses and bought it at walmart for $20.00.
After one day they lose their "tightness" but just hand wash with bleach and shout and they're back to normal!
- 0Jul 11, '13 by PalmHarborMomI use the Nurse Mates brand of compression socks and love them. I have skinny legs and they fit snuggly. After a long day on my feet, my legs do not ache like they did before I started wearing them. I wash them with the rest of my clothes and they hold up well. The best part was that I found a 3pr package for about $20. I am not into washing clothes every night so buying a couple of packages was a bargain.
- 0Jul 14, '13 by armyinfantrywifeI use zensah compression leg sleeves. A lot of marathon runners and triathletes swear by it. I love them so much more than the socks!! U get way better leg compression/support than the socks. more importantly, U are able to use cotton socks over them since they don't go all the way to UR feet. They start from UR ankle all the way to UR knees... I find the compression socks made my feet smell just because they're not cotton :-/ and after being on UR feet for 12 hrs?!? I can imagine my toes suffocating! Lol!
- 0Jul 20, '13 by CaliRN13Check out compression socks for runners. I know it was mentioned on here that someone uses a sleeve, but there are also actual socks that you can purchase that you size based on your calf circumference and shoe size. I am a huge fan of CEP compression socks for both running long distances and for working on the floor as an RN. They come in fun colors (as well as normal colors) and they are more like normal socks than TED hose! CEP can be a bit on the expensive side, but they are totally worth it. There are also other brands of compression socks "for running" out there that aren't quite as expensive.