Lightweight scrubs for hot environmentsRegister Today!
- by tag2007 Sep 12Hello. I am finding that I get very warm on the unit I work on and I like to stay cool. It also doesn't help that my job requires me to wear a short sleeved button up scrub top over my clothes as part of their dress code. We can wear street clothes or scrubs under the button up top but I prefer to wear scrubs as they don't cling and are most comfy. BUT I need recommendations for brands that come in materials that are very light weight so that I don't get so hot and don't feel like I have several thick layers of scrubs on. I saw some seersucker like material in a scrub top once and wonder if I should have got it. Ideas?? Thanks guys!!!
- Sep 14 by TiffyRNI'm totally understand about needing lightweight scrubs. I'm very hot-natured so I appreciate really lightweight scrubs. The lightest weight scrubs I have found have been the Koi Bridgette style. It's a very thin 100% cotton top. They are a little pricey and they usually only come in patterns so I don't know if that will be an issue for you. Here's a link to one of the patterns but there are several out there.
Scrubs - Koi 100% Cotton At Dusk Cool Bridgette Scrub Top | Koi Scrubs | Brands | www.LydiasUniforms.com
- Sep 14 by tag2007Thanks Tiffy! I remember seeing this style and thought it looked see through so I didn't try it on, but after you suggested these I went to read some reviews and some people are saying alot of the prints are not see through once you put them on. So, I think I'm going to go back to the store I saw them in and at least try one on. Thanks for the suggestion!
- Sep 14 by libran1984I think the Grey's anatomy scrubs are very very light. Extremely expensive if you ask me tho
- Sep 14 by HappyWife77Try Urbane scrubs. They are my favorite! They wick your sweat....if needed, they are simply amazing! They are virtually wrinkle free and four way stretch. I love them!
- Sep 14 by KAR813I second Grey's being light and breathable. I wore the bottoms to work lunch shifts outside in the summer in Colorado where some of the days were well into the 90s. I can't wait to get back to them once I'm done with school...now only if they had a cargo bottom option like wonder wink...then I'd be set.