Junior fit scrub pantsRegister Today!
- by Maria L, BSN Apr 15, '10Hi All,
I'm going to be starting N.S. this fall and hopefully (fingers crossed) a CNA training session or hospital care aide position this fall. As a volunteer, I have to wear a scrub top. I look kind of dorky in a scrub top and dressy pants (but obviously I can't wear jeans). So I'm thinking of buying a pair or two of scrub pants in advance. The thing is that I really want scrub pants that are "junior" fit. I'm the kind of person who really hates to have baggy pants (it just bugs me beyond all reason) and I'd like to find a truly slim fitting pair of scrub pants. When I look at supposedly "junior fit" scrub pants online, they always look rather baggy. Maybe thats my eyes deceiving me though. I also like flair bottom legs. So I'd like to hear from anyone who has any brands to recommend. Thank so much!
- Apr 16, '10 by Maria L, BSNCome on - doesn't anyone have any advice??
- Apr 16, '10 by TheCommuterUrbane Scrubs has a very "junior-fitting" scrub bottom that fits well and looks flattering.
- Apr 17, '10 by RNperdiemBarco's Grey's Anatomy scrubs have a slim fit. Look at the fit chart carefully, these scrubs run small.
You could also look at the Dickies hip flip scrubs too.
Just be aware that scrubs that are fitted when you try them on will fit differently when your pockets are loaded with pens, alcohol wipes, a calculator, lip balm, paper and all the other things nurses stuff into pockets.
- Apr 17, '10 by SuesquatchRNBarco, Adar, Urbane, Dickies.
- Apr 17, '10 by NamasteNursegrey's anatomy scrubs are junior fit
- Apr 19, '10 by Maria L, BSNThank you all so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I'm gonna look into all these brands asap
- Apr 19, '10 by Maria L, BSNQuote from mrnurse1Wow those look great!! I wonder if the navy color would pass for "royal" blue, for my required NS uniform. Even if it doesn't it'll match my volunteer scrub top perfectly Thanks for the advice!Check out the jean pants from Tafford. They are cut to fit like jeans but made from scrub material. Might be what you are looking for:
If not, try Cherokee Studio or Baby Phat - they are more junior cut.
- Jun 26, '11 by BurnurseI am slim and 5'7. I find Barco's Grey's Anatomy junior fit scrubs run a little big in my opinion, but I love them. I wear an xsmall tall. They tend to be a bit baggy in the legs, but lay nicely on the body. I think they look good, yet professional, because they have a loose fit, but are still flattering to the bodies shape. I have both the 3 pocket junior fit xs tall, and the 5 pocket junior fit xs tall. Love both of them!