Resume/Cover letter review please!Register Today!
- by shadowness Aug 29, '12Could some of you guys kindly review my cover letter/resume real quick? I put a lot of x's in the resume just to keep my name location and place that im applying to confidential so please ignore it.
- Aug 29, '12 by eleectrosaurusI feel qualified .. I AM qualified!
I believe that I will bring a multitude .. I WILL bring a multitude!
- Aug 30, '12 by jennafezzone of the better ones I have seen on this site
- Aug 30, '12 by mariebaileyIt really looks great to me. The content is what really matters, however, at a glance, I noticed a couple of grammatical oversights. I am NOT an expert, but see my thoughts below:
- Remember to put commas before your conjunctions, such as “but”: “My top two specialties include intensive care and emergency medicine, but...”
- Since you already graduated, avoid using the present perfect tense in statements such as: “During my studies, I have learned to be a competent, critical thinking, holistic nurse.” (Take out have)
- It is a myth that you drop the 2nd comma in a series (the serial comma): “contributing to the health care community, patients, and their families.”
- Aug 31, '12 by shadownessI actually corrected one of those three mistakes already, but I sadly handed in 1 copy so far. I will make the correct adjustments from here on out. Thanks so much!