Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening,
I currently work on a med-surg floor in an LTAC. This is my first nursing job and I have been there since March 2010. I don't like it. I almost hate going to work. It might be because I would rather be at home with my 10 month old daughter. It might be because half the patients don't want to do anything to get better. It could be something completely different.
I am working on my resume and I am thinking of looking into peds. I like kids more than I do most adults. My hospital doesn't have peds so I would need to go else where. I'm not planning on quitting I am thinking of looking for a per diem peds job initially to make sure that it is what I want to do.
So on to the questions. I changed my resume around a little. I'm wondering should I keep any of my clinical experience in there or should I take it all out or just leave in what is relevant? Like if I am applying to a hospital that I did a rotation at and maybe where I did my pediatrics at? I did do a preceptorship at a NICU should that stay on there or should it be scrapped? I would just go and ask one of my supervisors or a co worker but everything spreads around there like wildfire.
To acquire employment at a hospital as a Registered Nurse to care for, educate, and better the health of the patients that utilize the hospital for health services in a caring and holistic fashion.
Associate Degree of Nursing - College of Southern Nevada December 2009
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification February 2010
Registered Nurse License: Nevada February 2010
Basic Life Support Certification August 2011
Jul. 2011 - Present Registered Nurse Home Health Company
Mar. 2010 - Present Registered Nurse LTAC
Nov. 2007 - Jan. 2009 Host Nightclub
Jul. 2006 - Nov. 2007 Manager Nightclubs
May 2003 - Jul. 2006 Bartender Nightclub
Jul. 2002 - May 2003 Bartender Local Bar
Mar. 2002 - Jul. 2002 Technician Local Mechanic
Jan. 2002 - Mar. 2002 Fence Installer Fencing Company
Feb. 2001 - Jan. 2002 Sales Associate Car Dealer
Apr. 2000 - Oct. 2000 Valet Car Dealer
Nov. 1999 - Apr. 2000 Zamboni Driver Ice Skating Rink
Jun. 1995 - Dec. 1999 U.S. Soldier U.S. Army
Gipsy and 8˝ Nightclubs LV,NV
Gipsy Nightclub LV,NV
Emergency Room LV,NV
Econo Lube N Tune LV,NV
Barrier Fencing LV,NV
Team Ford LV,NV
Team Ford LV,NV
Las Vegas Sports Park LV,NV
U.S. Army Ft. Bragg, NC
• Knowledge of computer charting
• Excellent medical math skills
• Proficient in medication administration
• Experienced in wound care
• Able to educate patients regarding medications, treatments, and procedures
• Nine years of customer service experience
• Exceptional communication skills
• Experience in high stress environments
• Management skills with 3 years of experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Excellent at assessing patients
• Communicating with other departments to improve patient care
• Skilled at coordinating with RTs for patients on ventilators
• Communicating with patient/family regarding patient status and care given
• Assessing patient’s pain and administering medications to control the pain
Clinical practicum has included medical-surgical at University Medical Center, pediatric at Sunrise Children’s Hospital and St. Rose Siena Campus, maternity at Mountain View Hospital, critical care at Summerlin Hospital, and psychiatric at Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital and Montevista Hospital logging over 700 hours of clinical experience.
Nurse Preceptorship – Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, St. Rose Siena Campus
• Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing care and charting of multiple neonates
• Communicating neonates’ status to parents and doctors
Combat Life Saver - United States Army
• Assessed and stabilized adult patients in a high stress field environment
• Placed and ran intravenous fluids into personnel when needed
• Cleaned and dressed wounds when needed
Dec. 1999 Received Honorable Discharge from the United States Army.
Dec. 1999 The Army Achievement Medal for meritorious service while assigned to CCP Platoon, C Company, 51st Signal Battalion, Ft. Bragg, NC.
Sep. 1998 Certificate of Achievement for meritorious achievement during the Rapid Force Projection Initiative Field Experiment.
Mar. 1998 Certificate of Achievement for exceptional performance during a Command Post Exercise.
Feb. 1998 Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding support during Purple Dragon.
Aug. 1997 Humanitarian Service Medal for participation in the Hurricane Fran Disaster Relief Operation in September 1996.
Feb. 1997 The Resistance Medal for meritorious achievement in resistance operations.
Certificate of Appreciation for participation in an Unconventional Warfare Field Training Exercise.
Dec. 1996 The Army Achievement Medal for directing the installation, operation, and maintenance of Local RAU with 100% reliability.
Apr. 1996 Certificate of Appreciation for exemplary performance during Ultimate Victory Exercise.
Certificate of Appreciation for exceptional service during a Command Post Exercise.