My WGU updateRegister Today!
- by Lisa1980 Jul 26, '11What a journey I have been on. Ups and downs... and mood swings too! The good news I only have one course left. My practicum has to have 90 hours involved and I am trying to figure out how to come up with all that time.
So exciting to be almost done. It can be done. WGU has been great and I have a fabulous mentor. Started the program May 1, 2011.... oh yeah four months in and I anticipate to be done within the next two weeks.
Good luck to all my fellow WGU family!!!
Givin' myself a cheer.......
- Jul 27, '11 by brenanCongrats!! Thats awesome!
- Jul 27, '11 by tg1958That is sooo awesome.Proud for you.
- Jul 27, '11 by kloneDayum. You are one motivated scholar! I'm a month in and just finishing my first course. I have 11 courses to take, and am allowing myself 2 semesters to do it (one class a month).
Congratulations! What all is involved with the 90-hour practicum?
- Jul 27, '11 by BetterMeRNCongrats, Oh my that fast. How many total courses did you have to take? I start in September, can I call on you if I need any help along the way?
- Jul 28, '11 by BetterMeRNI got my answer..... eight classes. I want to do it in the same amount of time. I responded to one of your other post, the one regarding how a nurse can help in the implementation of a new electronic health record. If you still need the info let me know.
- Jul 28, '11 by MsPCWow, that's amazing. Congrats for all your hard work so far and keep it going.
- Jul 30, '11 by kloneCan you please give us more details about the practicum?
- Jul 31, '11 by Lisa1980For the practicum you come up with a topic from your community diagnosis from HAT task 1. Mine was Access to Health Care services for the Elderly in Broward County.
You discuss with the course mentor possible topics and then she will have you email her some interview questions. You interview people such as MD, social workers nurses etc. You will reasearch your community further and then you just write what they ask according to the rubric. Time Log was actually the most difficult; you can document your phone calls, emails, phone interview, face to face interview times. there's also "winshield activity" which is you getting in your car and assessing the particular area such as neighborhoods. 10 of the hours comes from HAT course and you have to have a total of 90 hours. You also have to do a genogram just like you did in HAT but will be slightly different.
Hope this helps!!