JCAHO coordinators- need a sounding boardRegister Today!
This is a discussion on JCAHO coordinators- need a sounding board in Nursing Management, part of Nursing Specialties ... I would be interested in communicating with anyone having the same headaches I do in keeping up...by DianeK4HVCH Sep 21, '05I would be interested in communicating with anyone having the same headaches I do in keeping up with JCAHO, particularly the National Patient Safety Goals.
I'd just like to compare notes, process changes, etc. you have implemented in order to maintain compliance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=121565©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,969 Views
- Sep 21, '05 by NRSKarenRNCan tell you about our homecare agency's JCAHO prep and experiences....comin unanounced in Spring 06.
Are you signed up for JCAHO list serve? that way you get info hot off the presses?Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Feb 10, '06
- Sep 21, '05 by CseMgr1I'm sure I will be getting some, as I am involved with reporting of Core Indicators to JACHO.
- Feb 10, '06 by KimRN41514If you're still interested, I'd like to have someone to dialogue with too re: JCAHO issues etc.
- Feb 18, '06 by jaquarme too
- Feb 18, '06 by KimRN41514Has anyone had their survey yet?
- Feb 18, '06 by Bsea2Hello, we're due for survey sometime soon also. I get up and check the jcaho
site daily . I'm the DON for a private home infusion company. This is very stressful. I think were alright with the safety goals. We're working on infection control and emergency preparedness. We have policies in place, but we think they may be looking for more detail with all the past emergencies and threat of flu pandemics. What's everyone think about that? Do you think we're getting carried away. We're in RI. No major past emergencies, but you never know, I guess. I look forward in hearing from others and how you all prepare. We have meetings bimonthly and discuss things that need work...completing PPR, updating policies. I just wish I had time to do my job.
- Feb 18, '06 by KimRN41514We are due our survey anytime now as well. I get up each morning and check the site too. I'm a nurse manager of a small rural hospital in WV. We also have monthly meetings and have created a JCAHO task force to get things done that need to be in place. It has helped alot. We've been working our PPR and are doing well with the safety goals. Our ER manager attends regional task force meetings re: emergency preparedness, potential biological threats, etc. If I can be of any help, please, don't hesitate to ask. Good Luck with your survey!
- Jun 19, '06 by golf4funI would also like to be included. We are doing pretty much the same as all of you. Checking the website daily, meeting monthly. We are also doing mock surveys, we are an ambulatory care center with multiple sites. The difficulty we are having is with some of the NPSG's, especially med reconcilliation.
- Jun 19, '06 by KimRN41514I would be glad to share our form and policy for reconciliation. Any other of the NPSG's that are particularly problematic?