Did I Get The Job or do I have Options?
- 0Jan 30, '13 by IloveNursing2214Hi All,
I recently applied in the Hospital where I work and got interviewed by the Nurse Recruiter who welcome me aboard. She told me that all she had available was my Unit and Orthopedics. I refused to work in the Unit that I work as a NA, because I would like to start fresh.
I interview with the night manager that same night and it look like everything went well. She did asked a lot of questions. Anyhow, by the end of the interview , I felt like I was the one that did not want to be part of their unit. I said to my self, well , maybe it is just me...Ill get thru and accept the position if they offer it to me.
Now, a week later, I got a call from another Nurse manager from another Unit in the same Hospital for an interview. I am happy because I love that floor, but I am confused. Does that means the other unit did not want me or are you allowed to get several interviews in the same hospital? does the recruiter does that? I tried calling her, but she wont be back until Friday....what do you guys say? I am just just worried that I did not interview well? Maybe?
- 2Jan 31, '13 by Inorieh it doesn't matter the why. You need a job they need a body to do work. Just take a nursing job get your year of experience THEN figure out where and how you can transfer. You see right now you've no experience, the job market sucks for new grads as in cannot get hired because everyone's wanting experience but no one wants to train, importing of foreign nurses. SO my advice is don't sweat the details, don't be picky, be flexible you will take any shift, specialty and am happy to be there.
- 0Jan 31, '13 by IloveNursing2214Yes I agree. I am thankful as well , but if the nurse recruiter assigned me to that floor where I interviewed , why another floor manager in the same hospital contacted me to interview in her unit ? I was just wondering if that's a normal situation that may happen . Or if the nurse manager from the 1st interview did not find me qualified and the nurse recruiter assigned me here as a result . I would've appreciate a call saying , I'm sorry you did not get the job.
- 1Jan 31, '13 by dah dohSometimes the new grads interview for multiple units. However, if one of the units makes an offer to the new grad and they accept it, we won't try to offer too even if we know that new grad's first choice was our unit and they would drop the other unit for us. I understand about fresh starts, but we hire some of our care techs as new grads and they do ok in the transitioning into the new role.
- 1Feb 1, '13 by IloveNursing2214I called the Nurse Recruiter today and she informed me that she send my resume to another floor because the Nurse Manager I interviewed with wants to move another direction. Ugh, you have no idea how bad I feel. What did I do wrong? I have another interview Monday with another department, but I feel no Hope. I asked her to be honest with me and she was....they did not hired me in Ortho. Let's see what happens Monday. Crossed Fingers
- 1Feb 2, '13 by Inorigood luck and do your best. Remember there are other applicants as well you just need one job. Does it matter why? nope obviously nurse recruiter thinks you are going to be a vauled member of their team thats why she's fowarding your resume to other departments that have space. Not getting a reply is normal ... i sent out hundreds of resumes, interviewed at a handful and in one i saw my interviewer every week as volunteer and yet stlil didn't receive an answer until i cornered her. She sheepishly said we hired someone within and that they didn't want to pay for cost of orienting and training a new grad. She was embarassed but had to do what was cheapest and most efficent for her company
- 2Feb 3, '13 by MrChicagoRNQuote from IloveNursing2214. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. It only means they did not select you. Try to adopt a positive attitude.I called the Nurse Recruiter today and she informed me that she send my resume to another floor because the Nurse Manager I interviewed with wants to move another direction. Ugh, you have no idea how bad I feel. What did I do wrong? I have another interview Monday with another department, but I feel no Hope. I asked her to be honest with me and she was....they did not hired me in Ortho. Let's see what happens Monday. Crossed Fingers
- 0Feb 4, '13 by IloveNursing2214Yes I agree . I had the interview today . It went well . At the end of the interview, I asked her how would I know if I got the position. She replied back with a hug and said , honey I'm gonna recommend them hiring you . She complemented on my maturity level I think I got it !!! Mood : Happy !!!