i've searched, but haven't come across any threads that fit my situation. please forgive me if i've overlooked something.
i am planning a major career change. specifically, i wish to return to the medical field and study nursing in the philippines. i know it seems simple enough, but here are some particulars to give you a better idea where i'm coming from. i am a us citizen, but i was born in the philippines to filipino parents. i have some college credit, but i do not hold a degree. i am a former army medic. i functioned as a medic, nurse’s aide, & emt for 8 years, but have been working in a totally unrelated field since my honorable discharge from the army several years ago. i am in my mid-thirties.
1. i would like to stay in the metro manila area. are there any reputable nursing programs
that would accept me? the more prestigious the better.
2. would i be considered a foreign student?
3. what is the quickest route to licensure? i wouldn't require a summer vacation. i do not object to a four year course if that is the only way.
4. would i need to start class in 2007, or would i be able to begin right away?
5. are there any others that have gone down this road?
thank you in advance for the help.