Practical Joke to play on my classmateRegister Today!
- by Annabelle223 Jun 14, '12Alright, so I need everyone's help. My friends played a really mean joke on me by calling me and pretending her husband (someone I go to school with) beat her and she wanted a divorce and was calling the cops. They took it way too far and used their acting skills to make him yell at her for telling me and pretending to hit her even more (this was all over the phone). I was shaking by the end of the conversation.. So, I wanna play a joke on the both of them that's got them really wigged out, but I'm not sure what. That's where I need your help. I was thinking of calling him and asking if he had any signs of HIV because someone he's been sexually active with is positive for it and we're screening everyone she's been with. What do you think?
- Jun 14, '12 by GitanoRNhonestly, this is a bad idea when it comes to utilizing such a dreadful disease as a joke it could backfire in some many ways it's not funny. having said that, a patient mine many years ago when i worked at the infection diseases clinic was known for being a prankster, long story short his then girlfriend send him an e-mail with the bad news of having hiv. at this level, my patient took her seriously and before she could explain that it was a joke he took her life with a 42 caliber pistol and then took his own. needless to say, no one was laughing once all details were gathered. therefore, i would suggest another form of prank to play on your friends....aloha~
- Jun 14, '12 by caliotter3I don't even know that I would try to come back with a prank. Instead, why don't you just invite everyone out for a good time, maybe dinner or something. If they feel guilty, then that is on them.
- Jun 15, '12 by amoLuciaThis is personal --- I don't think 'tit for tat' is productive. HIV is not humorous. And the domestic abuse prank was not either.
Just as you "were shaking" by a prank in questionable taste, why would you want to do something just as potentially damaging (see Gitano's post)? Try something else.
- Jun 21, '12 by KatieP86I think you should find new friends and not waste your time dragging yourselves down to their level of "humour".
- Jun 22, '12 by nursel56*deleted due to elapsed time with no comment from the OP"Last edit by nursel56 on Jun 22, '12