Recruiter hasn't called me back =(
- 0I finally got my big break as a new grad and got my first wonderful call from a recruiter. I was volunteering at the time that she called so I could not pick up the phone. I called her back 2 hours later and I got her message system so I left a message. A day passed and no call back. I decided to call her again this morning, but got her message system once
I'm freaking out!! This is my first big break after over 200 applications and I don't want this to slip away! What would the best thing for me to do????? Please help!
- 4,394 Visits
- 4Oct 18, '12 by Meriwhen Asst. AdminTrust me, I KNOW the feeling. Same thing happened to me as a new grad...and more than once too. You returned the call, now it's up to the recruiter to return it. I'd try calling once a day max--more frequently than that seems stalkerish.
In the meantime, try to take your mind off of the waiting for the return call. Focus on other job applications. Of if you can't do that, just unplug from the computer entirely and go out for a bit--get a change of scenery.
- 0Oct 18, '12 by RN12PTLI have met some recruiters who only work part time. So don't take her not answering as a sign she's ignoring you or has moved on to a new applicant. Keep trying!! I also agree that if you can, email her. Call the main human resources number and ask if she is in, and then to be connected to her.
- 0Thank you for all the responses!!! and to tnbutterfly for moving it to the correct area haha woops!
I feel so much better and optimistic! Thank you allnurses family for all the support you've given me!! I will definitely take your advice! I've been trying to search online for her email but haven't found any luck. I called the hospital but they've told me that they can't give her email over the phone. I've found other employees emails though so I think I will try and guess what it is using the same format (it has worked in the past!). Thank you RN12PTL! Great idea! I will definitely try calling HR and then ask to be connected to her! Thank you to Meriwhen also! You've responded to so many of my posts! I really appreciate it!! I appreciate you all!!
- 2Oct 18, '12 by RNRACJust a thought...when you call every day or whatever DONT leave a message. If she picks up, great, if not....leaving a bunch of messages that have the same content will seem a little odd. You left one message, thats good. Dont leave one every time you call...
Good luck Let us know how it went.
- 0Oct 18, '12 by Meriwhen Asst. AdminQuote from RNRACI totally forgot to mention that...and Lord knows how many times as a new grad I've called a recruiter that I missed and hung up when I got the voice-mail: I ought to have remembered!Just a thought...when you call every day or whatever DONT leave a message. If she picks up, great, if not....leaving a bunch of messages that have the same content will seem a little odd. You left one message, thats good. Dont leave one every time you call....