New grad offered job at Pain ClinicRegister Today!
- by Peppermint_RN Jun 26So I got my RN license on 6/21 and have been applying EVERYWHERE! Yesterday I got a call to interview for a pain clinic, and went to the interview today. They seem really nice and are trying to get someone on soon. Most of the time I would be helping with procedures (vitals during/after, inserting IVs, drawing blood, etc) and other times I'd be just taking vitals & documenting. Sounds pretty nice....the only thing is, I'm wondering if this would be a good place to start to get my experience, since technically I won't have a ton of patients at once & there are some things I wouldn't be doing like I would if I was a hospital RN.
I'm not 100% on what I want to do later, but I've been interested in perioperative nursing or working in a clinic, so I'm thinking this could be the perfect job. Just wanted some advice!
- 1,709 Views
- Jun 26 by MissH1967As a newly licensed, unemployed nurse, I say GO FOR IT!
- Jun 26 by KdreneeI would jump on it! Congrats!
- Jun 26 by Peppermint_RNThanks! I was just worried since all through school you hear "you got to start on med-surg!" But I guess experience is experience, and I definitely need a job asap!
- Jun 26 by Student Mom to ThreeI'd take it!! You could learn a whole lot! Do they do conscious sedation for their procedures? They may train you in that and it is very valuable experience.
If you interviewed today and they already offered you a position they must think you are a perfect fit!
- Jun 27 by Peppermint_RNWell unfortunately I did not end up getting the position. They didn't even call to let me know...a girl from my nursing class called tonight & told me she got it. I'm very happy for her though! I was on the fence about the position, thinking I should start out in the hospital setting for my first RN job, so it worked out well!
Now....just hoping something else comes along!