My anger - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 28, '12 by biomimeticalQuote from PMFB-RNOh, absolutely. That, plus a better externship, or maybe previous work experience or a resume that looked better than mine. But I'd absolutely bet on them knowing someone on the inside, too. That's how things work, although of course one might not feel so objective right after getting a rejection letter. :-/*** 10 to 1 those who got hired knew sombody in the hospital's managment.
- Sep 29, '12 by not.done.yetHow does someone know what your race is based on a resume? Just wondering. More than half of my internship colleagues were of minority descent. In fact, there were only three white people in it.
- Oct 5, '12 by TheCommuterQuote from not.done.yetA name can sometimes give major clues to a person's racial-ethnic background.How does someone know what your race is based on a resume? Just wondering.
I'm an African-American female with a very common anglicized first and last name, so anyone who sees my name on a resume or job application would not be able to determine my race unless they personally knew me.
However, names such as Tameka, LaToya, and Tanisha are stereotypically 'black-sounding.' Names like Teresita, Miguel, and Carlos are 'Latino-sounding.' Names such as Thuy, Chang, and Liong sound very Asian.
- Oct 7, '12 by antesignaniwell guys maybe i spoke too soon. i got hired on at the Los Colinas Medical Center Emergency Department. No its not trauma central central, but i am still smiling from ear to ear and its a very nice input. Thank you all for the support and advice!
- So glad you got the job! Show them how us vets do it! Some places really do appreciate a vet! I got hired in a CCT company BECAUSE of my vet status...they knew that what I lacked in skill I had mountains of when it came to "playing it cool" during a stressful situation and being able to think under pressure!
- And for those with "white" names...apply to very ethnic places! The whole "culturally balance out the work place" works both ways!
- Oct 7, '12 by antesignanithanks! thats actually what sold them. very very casual interview and the place is super nice
- Quote from antesignaniI am so happy for you!!!!!! Like literally thrilled for you! It's so NICE to see our experience appreciated and understood!thanks! thats actually what sold them. very very casual interview and the place is super nice