How long is it taking to land your 1st new grad job? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 20, '12 by funnywomanBefore graduation I had one job interview which I did not get and was not a good fit for me. From graduation it took 99 days to get a verbal offer. I was a tech at a hospital which did not hire me even after rave reviews from my manager. It was for the best. I would of hated the job. I went on 4 interviews 1 phone interview. I applied in FL, TX, VA, DC, CA, GA, NY, NJ, MD, NC, and TN. I found out the east coast has no jobs for me. Got 2 jobs offers within a week after staying away from the east coast.
- Aug 21, '12 by pockunitI graduated in May, and had my first interviews over the last two weeks. One phone with HR, then one f2f with a nurse, then one with the clinic manager. They called for references today. No bites on any of the other 28 jobs I've applied to, but 12 rejections. Not that I have a spreadsheet or anything . . .
- Aug 23, '12 by ciku03If i may ask which hospital did you land a job? I graduated in Dec 2011, passed NCLEX in march 2012 and have been looking actively since April. I have filled over 100 applications and gotten 2 interviews with nursing homes but no job offer. My desire is to work in a hospital. Do you have any tips?
Best of luck in your new job.
- Aug 24, '12 by EarnedItTheHardWayNorthern California, 300 applications and counting, no interview requests so far, applying for anything I might remotely qualify for. Can't get past the computer to a real human for 90% of the apps, and have received roughly 200 rejection emails. Been trying since April, graduated in May, very few in my class have jobs, and several of the ones that do went out of state. Some just went straight to grad school and didn't even try to get jobs here. NorCal is ugly right now...
- Aug 24, '12 by eleectrosaurus
- Sep 20, '12 by hapahaoleSF/Bay Area: Graduated May 2012, took NCLEX in June. Started applying for jobs after NCLEX, 2 interviews (1 in SF and 1 in Philadelphia) and about 30 applications. I accepted a job offer at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in their PICU. I originally was only looking in CA but it's brutal finding hospital jobs around here! I ended up applying almost exclusively west coast/east coast.
- Sep 20, '12 by Unique87I live in Maryland/DC area and I graduated in December of 2011. I got my license the end of February. I kept applying everywhere and then got a friend from nursing school to get her manager to pull my application where she works. I got an interview a week ago and got the job. I'm hoping to start next month just waiting on when orientaiton starts. Other than that I had no interviews or job offers.
- Sep 20, '12 by owlRN01Graduated in May with my BSN in Indiana. Moved to Florida. Took NCLEX July 17th, found out I passed. Have applied to EVERYTHING I thought I stood a chance at doing and NO call backs. I started calling nurse recruiters and still no call backs. Finally, 2 months after I passed NCLEX I got my first interview for Peds home health. They offered me the job and of course I accepted. I am however still applying to all the hospitals in a 100 mile radius of my house hoping to get that experience that all new grads need