How to Become Online Nursing Instructor
- 0Jun 14, '06 by 1361cdhHello everyone.. I am new in the forum world. I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to become an online nursing instructor.
- 0Jun 15, '06 by llg GuideI will be teaching my first online class this fall (Nursing Theory in an online RN-BSN program). I got the job because I heard through the grapevine that a local university was looking for some new faculty members. I called the Head of the Department and we found a fit that should work well for both of us.
I am pretty sure that you apply for online faculty jobs the same way that you apply for other faculty jobs. You contact the schools, send a vitae, interview, etc.
- 0Mar 20, '11 by DNP2bQuote from bsweilrnThere are many online program. UOP for example has an almost 6 months training/internship program, but I have 2 friends that teach exclusively online at UOP and stay home.... You can also try exclusively online nursing programs like WGUThe other information that has been left out, you must have a MSN to teach at the BSN level and generally at the ADN level aswell except for inperson clinical instructor adjunct faculty positions.
- 0Mar 27, '11 by Jess89cThere are universities/colleges looking for MSNs to teach online nursing courses.
The past thread below addressed this topic:
http://allnurses.com/nursing-faculty...989-page2.htmlLast edit by Jess89c on Mar 27, '11 : Reason: typo
- 0Apr 21, '11 by mAGGI315I'm interested in this too. I already teach clinicals 2 days per week plus teach in the lab in an ADN program. I teach ob/postpartum right now, but have taught med/surg, GI before. I would love to teach online, but so far all the programs I've contacted want some kind of doctorate degree, either finished or in progress. I'm almost finished my Masters, so I thought I'd be able to teach in an ADN or bridge online program, but haven't found any.
By the way, when I click on the previous link,it just brings me back to the nursing educator page, not sure why it's not working for me?
- 0Apr 22, '11 by Jess89cLink doesn't work for me either, Maggie315.
I found the link below. They hire MSN prepared nurses. When will you be done with your MSN?
If the link above doesn't work either, you can google "Instructional Connections Jobs"