How to find name of dept. manager? (job app.)Register Today!
- by Genista Oct 3, '04I am finally ready to apply for a new job in another specialty! However, aside from submitting the usual application to HR, I would like to get a cover letter and resume off to the dept. manager. I don't know anyone who works at this agency, and can't figure out the dept manager's name from the website. Is my only option to call around? Also- any tips or advice on how to stand out from the crowd would be much appreciated. Thanks!
- 685 Views
- Oct 3, '04 by Blackcat99Call the HR and ask them the name of the dept. manager. That's the way most everyone else does it.
- Oct 3, '04 by GenistaThanks Blackcat99!
Quote from Blackcat99Call the HR and ask them the name of the dept. manager. That's the way most everyone else does it.
- Oct 10, '04 by jbjintsI tried that recently, calling the HR for the name of the department head and I couldn't believe it but I was told that they don't give out the names of Dept. heads =(. I was shocked.
- Oct 24, '04 by frannOk this is what you do. Call the main number. The operator. Tell her you are trying to reach the manager for the so & so dept. She will give you the name and number. This is how I got in years ago, before the current shortage.
I had put my application into HR 2 times, made several calls with no luck. I didn't have that much experience. I got the job. Don't call HR. Good luck. :hatparty: