Business cards?Register Today!
- by themoreyouknow Sep 23, '10I am a staff nurse in an OB/GYN unit. I am currently looking for another position. I have business cards, but I was wondering:
Do you have business cards? Do you use them? Do you give them to the person who has interviewed you?
What is proper etiquette?
I have an interview tomorrow and am unsure.
"A new nurse thinks like a mom. An experienced nurse thinks like a lawyer."
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=506173©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,284 Views
- Sep 23, '10 by TrubieI have cards, but I generally only use them when I meet people in public that I would like to network with.
In an interview situation, I would not give one, because they should have all of your contact information on your resume.
- Sep 23, '10 by classicdameagree with Trubie. Would not hurt but not needed either
- Sep 23, '10 by drkrnI also agree with the ladies above.....
- Sep 23, '10 by tlancioNo don't give out after an interview, but do use when you're out in public and people ask what you do. You never know who you will meet that will open the door of opportunity for you.
- Sep 23, '10 by thinkertdmHi, I'm Jim Smith, and here is where I currently work. Feel free to call me or email me there- unless you hire me!
- Sep 23, '10 by KateRN1I have personal business cards that have my personal contact information. I have always given one out after a job interview and carry them with me in my purse for networking situations.
- Sep 23, '10 by themoreyouknowThanks guys I appreciate the input.
- May 31, '12 by Aongroup1990Business cards are very creative, and can help in networking situations... websites helps as well as joining linked inn or organizations.. I would say its a good idea but keep it very professional as well..
- May 31, '12 by sbostonRNI ordered some from moo.com I love their styles, they are fun and unique and I think they make an impact. They also offer 10 free cards for you to try their product. For me, 10 cards will last me all year! The quality is really good too.