Welcome to the Forum - General Aussie Chat - Page 38Register Today!
- Jun 19, '12 by K+MgSO4Anyone feel the earth move in Melbourne tonight? 5.5 on the reciter scale just outside Moe! First earthquake!
- Jun 19, '12 by ceridwynYes, was very violent, I do not live far from there, still in shock.
- Jun 20, '12 by K+MgSO4pretty crazy times!
- Jun 21, '12 by Tom8181Hi guys, I am hoping somebody may be able to provide me with some info. I am currently studying nursing (mental health) at degree level in the UK and expect to qualify in September 2013. I am looking to the future, and would love to work and live in Australia, preferably Melbourne, if this was possible. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to get work as Mental health nurse in Melbourne, or anywhere else in Australia, without getting two years post qualification experience in the UK first? I would like to move to Australia around six months after qualifying.
- Jul 24, '12 by julianne.00I'm coming over to NSW in September for a year.... Who's down for tea and giving me the real digs on ED nursing in Oz, so I don't need to wear an adult diaper on my first day? :P
- Jul 24, '12 by K+MgSO4From where?
- Jul 24, '12 by julianne.00From the US...New York... not the city, but southwestern NY, near the border of PA.
- Jul 25, '12 by Grace OzQuote from julianne.00i'm coming over to nsw in september for a year.... who's down for tea and giving me the real digs on ed nursing in oz, so i don't need to wear an adult diaper on my first day?
g'day julianne and welcome to the aussie forums!
just a tip if you're coming down under ..... nappy!:d
here in oz we call them nappies - not diapers.:d
i hope you enjoy your travels to our beauitful land here down under and that your stay here is filled with lots of fun and interesting experiences.
i'm not in nsw, but hopefully someone who is will make contact and offer to join you for tea!
- Jul 25, '12 by julianne.00Ahhh thank you for the nappy warning, and the welcome! I'm sure I will have a fantastic time and meet lots of amazing people!
- Aug 16, '12 by K+MgSO4O my! I have just finished work and I feel that I have been run over by a tram! I cannot seem to shake this cold I have had for a few weeks - just a runny nose and sneezing. well after 7 days in a row I feel awful. Going to curl up with a box of tissues and sneeze my way to sleep.
Come on Spring I have had enough of winter...............and tomorrow is forecast for 12 degrees!