Suboxone use and the Boards of Nursing - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 31, '11 by Gina Reneewow..glad I found this site. I am a RN who surrendered my license abt. 10 years ago because of a terrible addiction to pain pills that has almost cost me my life on more than one occasion, I am talking abt. coding in the ER. I have been on suboxin for a second time for a little over a year now, down to 1 mg a day plus a butrans 10mcg/hr patch. I am wanting to go back to nursing really bad and I feel like it is time. But suboxin has saved my life and I don't want to give it up. I live in Wisconsin, anyone know abt. the Wisconsin BON? I am scared to even call them, should I be honest or be quiet and take a chance on a positive screen ruining me?
- Oct 31, '11 by MeriwhenQuote from Gina ReneeNo no no no NO.should I...be quiet and take a chance on a positive screen ruining me?
Sure, there's a chance you could get away with it. But if you tested positive, first you may not get the opportunity to explain your innocence. Second, if they do let you explain it...if you don't disclose the suboxone use and then try to address a positive test after the fact, you have to convince them that you have not relapsed...and unfortunately, as a nurse in recovery your credibility is often shaky to begin with. It's not always fair but that's how it is
I would call them and ask. If you are too scared to call, send them an e-mail...and if you're really scared, send then an anonymous e-mail. After all, the worst they can tell you is "No"...which is a lot better than gambling on a UDS.
You've worked this hard in your recovery...you've done a lot harder things in recovery than making a phone call. You can do it
Best of luck!
- Oct 31, '11 by Gina Reneethanks so much for the info and advice! I am gonna do this! not sure how yet! will keep you posted.
- Oct 31, '11 by MeriwhenQuote from Gina Reneehttp://www.drl.state.wi.us/thanks so much for the info and advice! I am gonna do this! not sure how yet! will keep you posted.
Specially, the BON site is here: http://drl.wi.gov/board_detail.asp?boardid=42&locid=0
I vote for the anonymous e-mail route. If you need to, get a free gmail or yahoo account to do it with.
- Dec 10, '11 by RNinPA1faithnow, may i ask the vincinity in VA where you were able to find employment. I am having a horrible time trying to find employment now that I am involved with the VRP program in PA. I am also not sure how to approach the subjuct with perspective employers? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated......thank youLast edit by RNinPA1 on Dec 10, '11 : Reason: misspellings