Another month down - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 11, '12 by DSkelton711Good Luck Michelle. Looking for work right now is difficult in the economy so don't take anything too personal, just keep trying. Keep coming back to the boards here for support and continue on the right path. Take care!
- Nov 13, '12 by jackstemCongratulations on your 7 months!!
- Nov 14, '12 by VivaLasViejasQuote from wish_me_luckYou know the old saying.......one day at a time! Sometimes though, it's one hour at a time, one crisis at at time, one white-knuckle-hanging-on-by-a-thread MINUTE at a time. Always be prepared to be challenged at any given moment---the world doesn't care if you're not feeling well and don't think you can handle more than one or two issues at once, sometimes you're just gonna get slammed.Hi,
So, as of today, I have been sober for 7 months. I have been in my monitoring program 3 months (participation wise) and 1 month 2 weeks since I signed my recovery monitoring contract. Hopefully, in a month and a half or less (I don't know what date it goes by), I will be looking for my first nurse job.
I have countdowns. I mark another day off each day. It helps.
It's how you react at those times that will spell success or failure in sobriety. As a fellow nurse with a dual diagnosis, I personally feel that you are up to the task. Keep on keeping on, my friend!
- Nov 20, '12 by TorsadesRNI too am new to these forums. And I too have 7 months sobriety today! So glad to know I am not alone on this journey and there are other recovering nurse's who understand.
- Nov 20, '12 by moorefun11I had 6 months on the 13th. Congrats to all of us strong people who have made it this far.
- Nov 20, '12 by wish_me_luckAt the end of today, it will be 7 months and 11 days. I found out that I can find work in December. Going round and round with the Boards on how to get compact privileges (I am on a state line, want privileges in the other state as well, but mine is a "valid VA only" license). Nice people at the BONs, but I get different answers, so exhausting (mentally and physically). Say prayers that I can get compact privileges.
- Dec 8, '12 by wish_me_luckTime's flying by...today I have been enrolled in HPMP for 4 months (about 2 and a half months since orientation) and more importantly, at the end of tomorrow, I will have 8 months sober.
- Dec 9, '12 by MichelleRN34Yay
- Jan 12 by wish_me_luckenrolled in HPMP for 5 months (eligible for work now)
sober for 9 months 3 days
- Jan 13 by TXRN2keep up the good work, wish-me-luck!! you're doing a great job!!