Ineligible to take NCLEX-RN; opting for NCLEX-PN instead, steps to take?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 25, '12 by JustBeachyNursemoved thread to nurse registration forum in world nursing section. There are quite a few threads in the nurse registration forum on this very subject.
- Oct 25, '12 by dragon_ladySame as me when I was still processing my application.I used to call them every week and sometimes it takes an hour or more before an operator answers.
- Oct 25, '12 by proudpinayQuote from belagee12what I did in my application was that I tried to email the BVNPT (their website) because I had no luck contacting them,and surprisingly they replied and told me that they cant tell if Im eligible or not unless they evaluate my application..I have tried calling the bvnpt time and time again, but unlike when you try calling the BON where you can just wait for an operator to be available, you have to re-try and call again if no one is available :/ which sucks, everytime I try to call in they are always busy, and going to their office in Sacramento isn't exactly an option for me at the moment
- Oct 25, '12 by proudpinayShould i just use the documents that i sent in to the BON and have them transferred, or just start a fresh new application?
@ belagee12....The only difference is when you ask CABON to transfer your documents the waiting time will be a bit longer for the BVNPT will send you a form that you need to fill up "Declaration of Nursing Program" but if you want to start a new application meaning the BVNPT will not know that you were denied by CABON the waiting time will be a little faster for no additional forms will be send to you.
- Nov 15, '12 by belagee12Have you received your ATT already?
I started fresh too, just requested my school documents and all i have to do is wait for em to arrive in the mail, fill out the application form and get my livescan done, I feel kinda down about settling for the LVN exam rather than to pursue the NCLEX-RN
- Nov 15, '12 by perioddramaQuote from belagee12But you will still be a nurse. An LVN is still a nurseI feel kinda down about settling for the LVN exam rather than to pursue the NCLEX-RN
- Nov 15, '12 by belagee12That's true, but the pay is so different as well as the scope of practice. And hospitals aren't really taking in LVNs now as far as a i know, so i have the feeling that places we can apply to work at will be somewhat limited
- Nov 15, '12 by perioddramaQuote from belagee12Hospitals are barely taking new grad RNs right now in CA. There are still places taking LVNs; I have seen those job postings.That's true, but the pay is so different as well as the scope of practice. And hospitals aren't really taking in LVNs now as far as a i know, so i have the feeling that places we can apply to work at will be somewhat limited
- Nov 18, '12 by belagee12K! I received my documents:
1. Official School Transcripts
2. The form needed to be filled out by school
Now all i have to do is add in a copy of both my H.S and College dilpoma, complete and fill out the Application form and get my livescan done. Oh and the payment!
AM I MISSING ANYTHING? I'M ACTUALLY FEELING EXCITED LOL
- Nov 18, '12 by belagee12I wouldn't mind working at an old folk's home or a hospice or anything like that, but i know they also require you to have some experience first before you can work :/