(IEN) I need help about the ENTRY-TO-PRACTICE COMPETENCIES... - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 30, '12 by nono1Hi PiRN, congratulations on your RN registration, im also in the process of getting my RN registration with the CNO, I also completed the BET and recently i received a letter saying i didnt meet their requirement and was given the opportunity to defend the unmet competencies (CAS). my question is
what format did you use to complete the CAS, did you address each competency individually or you provided one situation covering all the competencies, in my case 70 unmet competencies.
secondly, what happes after submitting the CAS?
Is there any literature or references that can give me direction in answering the CAS?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
Quote from PiRNI am a Philippine RN and also a Philippine Midwife. Got my eligibility after 9 months of assessment, I am actually one of the applicant who was given a Baccalaureate Equivalency Table, but they changed it into CAS which most applicant been receiving now. Now, I hold a current General Class RN registration in the CNO.
Just an advice, pls do work really hard on your CAS because that appealing process will going to help you to meet the current degree in Nursing in ontario. Goodluck folks.
- Nov 1, '12 by PiRNHi Nono1
Sorry to confused but I did not complete the CAS. The CNO only gave me the BET to complete and after completing I was able to meet the current Degree of nursing in Ontario. In my BET I was able to make sure that I did answer the topic very well together with my rationales that is conjunction with my experienced.
All the best...
- Nov 3, '12 by nono1Thanks PiRN
- Nov 21, '12 by bam922Hi i also receive a letter from the cno regarding these competencies can someone please help understand some of them?
- Nov 29, '12 by firealarmHello! I have the same problem with bam922. I received a letter from CNO about my unmet competencies that I have to prove to the College. I was wondering if somebody did 1 example per 1 unmet competency? So if there are 62 unmet competency, there should be 62 example as well? Please guys I need your help! I have no experience as a nurse, just my clinicals as a student.
- Nov 29, '12 by jvre888I gave one exaample per competency
- Feb 6 by foxxxtrotHi. I am currently doing my CAS now, i was actually doing two things group examples and individual examples, the problem with individual examples is they may turn out to be redundant to the previous.
Can anyone give us some pointers on how they did theirs?
I am not asking for the competency but on how they wrote it.
Essay? Bullet type? numerical or just plain text?
currently i am lost. hope i can pass this CAS. I am also taking the RPN exam on May.