Cant take nclex in caliRegister Today!
- by jan1023 Aug 6, '12Hi im a filipino and im here in cali as an immigrant. Im a registered nurse in the philippines and im planning to take an nclex exam here in cali but apparently i lack some units for me to qualify here. Can somebody help me to find a school here in san jose or santa clara. Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=767815©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 609 Views
- Aug 6, '12 by dianahMoved to Advice on Immigration area.
- Aug 6, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to Nurse Registration where you will find much discussed about this and not many schools available to make up deficiencies
- Aug 7, '12 by steppybayThe only possible known school in your area was SFSU. But just to let you know in advance, last mention was a few PH grads either are enrolled or most likely tried to enroll into the 1-2 spots open, as you're competing not with the already (80, I think) enrolled US nursing students, who have the highest priority and rightfully so, that's not really your competition, it's the 1,000's of other international students outside of PH.
There is also a limited period of time to apply AFTER you pass the various pre-exams, I think it's offered once a year? Maybe twice, if so, then you're looking at 2-4 spots a year. It seems the time frame to get this all done and get your missing course done, you're looking at 18-24 months minimum, before having to re-apply to the CA NCLEX.
Your other options are:
1). Go for the LVN license.
2). Apply out of state for the NCLEX, but don't think of trying to endorse back into CA, it's not going to happen for awhile.
3). Get lucky with an enrolled CA course, but try your luck winning the Lotto instead, you'll have a much greater chance at that, lol, :-), that's about all we can do at this moment, just smile and keep moving on somehow, someway.
- Aug 7, '12 by LadyinScrubsQuote from jan1023As an immigrant, check to see if you can work in the US. Calif BRN requires a social security number and many immigrants can't or don't have one.Hi im a filipino and im here in cali as an immigrant. Im a registered nurse in the philippines and im planning to take an nclex exam here in cali but apparently i lack some units for me to qualify here. Can somebody help me to find a school here in san jose or santa clara. Thanks