OMG Say it correctly! - Page 21Register Today!
- This isn't really mispronunciation, but I get really twitchy any time someone texts me "thx" instead of "thanks".
If you can't find it in you to type 3 more measly letters, it makes me think you weren't really that thankful!
Ok, I feel better. Thx for letting me vent!
- Come to think of it, I never pronounced it umbiLIKEal cord. Go figure...
- Oct 22 by jonnyvirgoQuote from calivianyaIn nursing school I hear it pronounced rawls. In medic I've always heard it pronounced rails. Same school btw lol.I had no idea there was any way to say "rales" other than "rails." I have never heard anyone say it any other way - I probably would have given anyone who pronounced it differently a really funny look. "Rails" is correct pronunciation where I'm from - heard it like that from MDs, instructors, coworkers, everyone.
- Oct 22 by martina238612Quote from seanynjboySomerthings- incorrectThere is just somethings that really bother me, specifically mispronunciation of words. The specific abbreviation that realllllly grinds my gears is when a nurse or CNA/PCT says " O2 STATS" O2 "stat"uration? Anyone have anything else that people misspell or mispronounce that gets them going??
Some things- correct
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Oct 22 by jrwestnot gonna go look back, but had another pt with a " prostrate problem" lol
- Oct 28 by Southern MagnoliaMy mother recently started using text messaging. When I text her a message telling her something my boys have done that is new or interesting, she responds "that's alsome". - meaning awesome. It has happened multiple times so I know it isn't due to autocorrect.