I'm seeing a lot of unprofessional posting here related to venting about patients - page 6
Hi, I'm just a newbie here but I have to comment on what I'm seeing here. Specifically nurses sharing their stories of their interactions with difficult patients. Surely it is unprofessional to be sharing patient details?... Read More
- 3Jan 17, '13 by netglowthere are a few newbie problem children as of late. But, some of them do change once they get good and scared.
We all can guarantee that this will be nursing's gift for the little chicklets - a come to Jesus moment in their futures. So they might change at some point.Last edit by Esme12 on Jan 18, '13
- 4Jan 17, '13 by kayytaaNew member here. OP is obviously trying to stir up some drama so I won't even comment on that. I'm a little disheartened by the comments about students, just as I would be about blanket statements about nurses. This is ONE student. Perhaps generalizing is where more drama and feelings get hurt.
- 2Jan 17, '13 by netglowThis forum has been around since ...well, forever. If you want to hang around, you gotta know that those that have been around for quite some time are usually spot on, even in their criticism. The longer you hang out and the more you read, you will understand. I think even Brian would agree, that although there is TOS, he's not going to make this forum "child-proof" so to speak. What we talk about really has a lot behind it and it's sometimes really the tough things that people who are not in this biz have no idea of and cannot handle. So, we talk with each other here. We are supportive, but we don't suffer fools well.
- 1Jan 18, '13 by SionainnRNQuote from kayytaaSince you're new here you'll soon realize that there are A LOT of students who come on here with a holier than thou attitude about how nurses should act. So in my opinion the frustration some people have against students on here is very justified.New member here. OP is obviously trying to stir up some drama so I won't even comment on that. I'm a little disheartened by the comments about students, just as I would be about blanket statements about nurses. This is ONE student. Perhaps generalizing is where more drama and feelings get hurt.
- 1Jan 18, '13 by Beautiful Mind RN, BSNQuote from netglowI have no doubt this little new grad-to-be chicklet will be scared once she gets into the same playing field as the experienced ones. And yes, I mean that with all my heart. But hopefully I will grow from the experience, if and when it happens.Yeah, this one is a problem child, there are a few newbie problem children as of late. But, some of them do change once they get good and scared.
We all can guarantee that this will be nursing's gift for the little chicklets - a come to Jesus moment in their futures. So they might change at some point.
As for the OP, I too, barely just joined at the end of last year and I must say, I have learned a lot from the nurses and nursing students alike on this forum. That includes their horror/positive stories from their workplace(/school). And from what I have read, most of it has been pretty general, no HIPPA violations. And if there were any, the mods are pretty good about catching it. I think, instead of making this opinion of yours, public and put the blame on EVERYONE who rants here, I think you should have made your concerns known, privately, to the admin and if there were specific users that were bothering you in particular, point it out that way...
Wrong way to go about things in my opinion..considering...you just pretty much threw yourself to the mercilessness of the wolves.
In the end, if this place gets too 'unprofessional' for you, then RUN, run far, far away to another forum in greener pastures.Last edit by Beautiful Mind RN on Jan 18, '13
- 4Jan 18, '13 by doomsayerCouldn't disagree more. I think I've read this forum for nearly two years- and any whiff of HIPAA violation is met with a shut-down of that post.
You come across as a bit naive if this is the focus for your concerns that relate to a lack of professionalism in the field.
- 5Jan 18, '13 by nursel56 GuideI just can't imagine being a student of anything and going to "their house" and delivering a lecture, or more accurately, a scolding. I'm thankful I grasped the concept of "don't know what you don't know" before I ended up looking foolish, at least for that reason. I'm sure I've looked foolish for other reasons.