I'm an undergrad student and am currently working on a project relating to nursing. I was hoping that some of you could answer some questions about the topic of knowledge dissemination.
- If you learn something new at work, do you usually share it with those co-workers that may also benefit from it?
- If you learn a new skills, be it at a course or on the job, are you willing to or do you actively seek to teach your colleagues what you have learned?
- If you want to acquire specific skills, how do you go about it? Does your employer provide a comprehensive education program? Do you privately take classes? Do you ever ask your co-workers to teach you?
- How much opportunity do you thinkis there in nursing for on-the-job training?
- Would you personally like the idea of sometimes being a coach or being coached? In particular if "coaching" is defined as a skills transfer between two mature professionals emphasizing practical aspects, vs teaching, which has more of a top-down/theoretical connotation.
TIA for your kind help!