That awkward moment when.... - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 3 by limaRNThat awkward moment when a family member comes in and I ask, "oh are you his daughter?" Thinking that it was because she had called earlier saying she was coming in and looked very young and she replies, "no I'm his wife..." Oops! Lesson learned. Always ask how they are related to the pt.
Or that other awkward moment when the pts wife comes to visit and the pts girlfriend shows up to visit as well. They had no previous knowledge of each other...
- Feb 3 by CT PixieQuote from GadgitGurlRNYou have no idea how embarrassed and mortified I was! OMG! I felt terrible. Luckily my sharp as a tack (as I later found out, as was her momma!) little lady quickly forgave my faux pau and she and I became fast friends. Her mom was a wonderful lady and got a great belly laugh after she was told the story of Nurse Pixie and her foot in the mouth statement.That has got too be the best one!
But can you imagine the eye rolls when my 89 year old patients daughter (who was 73) came in saying she wanted to visit her Grandmother?! too funny. We had to leave word to the receptionist that Mrs Jones* (103), Mrs Smith** (89) were indeed Mrs Brown **(73) grandmother and mother and that both were residents at the facility and that Mrs Brown was NOT one of our dementia patients who was lost.
I miss them. It was great seeing so many generations all in one room when the grandchilren and great grandchildren all came to visit! They were a very close knit, loving family run by the matriarch of the family (Mrs Jones 103). Rest Easy Mrs Jones, Smith and Brown.
- Feb 3 by gerry75I am a pres nursing student who begins nursing school next January. I like to read through all the forums to get a general feel for what is going on and for a dose of reality I'm not sure I will get in school. What has become apparent to me is that a sense of humor is essential. That you can take your job very seriously and still be able to laugh at yourself and some of the situations you find yourself in. All of your responses have made me laugh-and cringe at the same time. I look forward to when I can contribute to this forum!
- Feb 3 by nursej22That awkward moment when you peak in a coworker's patient room to see the penile implant acting as a tent pole and the spouse on the cot with breast implants pointing at the ceiling and one wakes to your giggle.
- Feb 3 by tigerlogicWhen your confused elserly patient thinks you're a prostitute and wheels himself around asking other residents to borrow money. And them a week later apologizes so sincerely that he's just going to have to end our affair because he's committed to fixing his 30yr marriage. He looked so sad but I agreed breaking it off was probably for the best. !!