- by brian Aug 17, '03Hi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- Aug 18, '03 by kirbybunnyHi!
My name is Jen and I am an ADN student in Fayetteville, NC. I graduate in May 2004 and soon after will start an online BSN program at UNC-Wilmington. I hope to work in the ICU after graduation and then attend CRNA school in the future. I am a military wife with no children, except my "furkids" Bud (basset hound), Sam (bunny) and Lola (BIG bunny- over 9lbs!) . It would be nice to talk to other NC nurses. Hope we can get some good discussions going. Hope everyone has a great week!
- Aug 18, '03 by wif411Good Luck Lady! I have been a RN for 17 yrs and still love it. Just wish I could get a new pair of feet!!! Good Luck. Email me if you want. :roll
- Aug 18, '03 by altomgaHey ya'll!!! I live on the east coast of NC and work in a level I trauma center.
I have been working on a Medical Intermediate Unit for a little over 5yrs now....(I'm a sucker for punishment:roll )
I have 3 children and am currently taking classes that are required to apply for the BSN program...yea..lots 'o' fun..whatever
This should be a neat forum since we all will be from NC!!
Can't wait to hear from more of you!
- Aug 18, '03 by webbiedebbieI love living in NC! Currently working in PP. Graduated with ADN in Colorado in 1989.
I look forward to seeing other posts!
How 'bout them Panthers!!!!!
- Aug 18, '03 by satchalHi! My name is Athena. I currently live in KY and have for the last seven years. I am originally from the mountains in NC and I am in the process of moving back within the next couple of months. I am a NiCU BSN RN and love it. I have worked in a level 4 NICU for 2 years. I interviewed at a hospital in Asheville, NC last week and am waiting to hear something back any time now. As soon as I do I'll be moving. I can't stand the waiting. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
- Aug 18, '03 by kirbybunnyAthena,
Moving to Asheville....I'm so jealous! I've never been there, but have heard great things and all the pictures are beautiful. Been meaning to take a trip up there, some of the B&B's are so cute!! Hope the move goes smoothly!
- Aug 18, '03 by pammy1964Hi Jen I started in the PN program at Bladen community College today good luck to you I hope to finish August 2004 and then to go into the ADN program I very excited and nervous Talk to you later Pam:roll
- Aug 18, '03 by altomgaOriginally posted by satchal
Hi! My name is Athena. I currently live in KY and have for the last seven years. I am originally from the mountains in NC and I am in the process of moving back within the next couple of months. I am a NiCU BSN RN and love it. I have worked in a level 4 NICU for 2 years. I interviewed at a hospital in Asheville, NC last week and am waiting to hear something back any time now. As soon as I do I'll be moving. I can't stand the waiting. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Asheville is so GORGEOUS!!! My daughter attended a camp there this summer and loved it...The scenery is breath taking. We live in flat farm land and to go to the mountains was great!!!
Hope you get your job!!! Keep us posted.
- Aug 18, '03 by camkibHello everyone!!! I am an ADN student in Fayetteville starting my first year. After graduating--like Kirbybunny, I plan on continuing for my BSN online. I'm looking at UNC-Chapel Hill, but that's still 2 years away. I am a military wife with a blended family of 5 children. Introducing state forums was a great idea. It's nice to see others in NC.
Talk to you all soon!