How "Wake Tech Community College" Nursing Program works.Register Today!
- by BOSS man Jan 11, '12First and foremost Wake Tech does not have a waiting list!
They actually use a point system, which I shall explain to you.
The most points you can get is 270!
You get points for the following classes:
Bio 168: A&P 1
Bio 169: A&P 2
Bio 175: Gen. Micro.
Bio 155: Nutrition
Bio 271: Patho.
Psy 150: Gen. Psy.
Psy 241: Dev. Psy.
Eng 111: Exp. Writing
Eng 112: Arg. Based Research
Bio 168 & 169 classes point system:
Bio 175, 155, 271, Psy 150 & 241 classes point system:
Eng 111, 112 & Humanities Elective classes point system:
You can get a total of 50 extra points for taking the TEAS (which is mandatory)!
To get the 50 points, you must score at least 70% on the test.
It is recommend you take 8 classes, before applying for the Clinical Nursing portion of the program which is 5 terms. 2 fall terms, 2 spring terms, and 1 summer term.
You must also being registered as a CNA, before applying for the clinical nursing portion, with at least 40 volunteer/working hours as a CNA.
If you have anything other questions, just ask!
I will also update if I notice I left anything out.
- 3,973 Views
- Jan 22, '12 by Minnie02Hi! Will the classes from a different state transfer to Wake Tech?
- Mar 16, '12 by CCMakanThanks for this information. I'm starting my pre-reqs in the fall. Let the journey begin!
- Aug 22, '12 by Ryan4681To anyone who has been accepted to the program at wake tech within the last 3 years, could you share what your point total was when you applied? Thanks
- Nov 30, '12 by lalopop86Quote from Ryan4681I began the program a year ago and I had 171To anyone who has been accepted to the program at wake tech within the last 3 years, could you share what your point total was when you applied? Thanks
- Jan 4 by goingtothedogsAt my info session prior to Fall 2012, they are going to stop giving points for patho, I guess it will be included in another class... So check with advising before registering for it- might not need to take it!!!
I had a few classes transfer over from my previous college in NY- that was kind of nice. After this semester, I have one pre-req left to take. It's going to be a very busy semester!!!
- Sep 8 by Angel NelsonI have a question for anyone who has been accepted into the Wake Tech RN program....After next semester I will have 211 points, including TEAS points, how likely is it that I will get in? Also, I got a B in ENG112 can I take it over to try for an A or will they only accept the 1st grade? I have been told things have changed since my info session.