Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013 - Page 73Register Today!
- May 9, '12 by Paco-RNQuote from chele118Damn, chele!! Hang in there, anything can happen in a month and a half!! And if you have to apply again, 3rd time may be the charm! I admire your perseverance! And if I were you, I would make sure I write that in my essay!my only hope now is getting off the alternate list and into the 1 year, otherwise it's do this all over again for next year!!!! And this is the second year in a row I applied to both programs.
- May 9, '12 by Alev123And BioD, we are on the same boat! Good luck to both of us
- May 10, '12 by chele118Quote from Paco69Yes, I will write in my essay that Paco admires my perseverance!!! LOL I'll get in when the time is right, luckily I have a job in the meantime. I'm just hoping that if I get a spot, that I'm not called the day of orientation or first day of class, because then I would have to quit my job without notice, and that doesn't look good -- especially since I work for Stony Brook. I would like to be offered a spot TODAY!!! LOLDamn, chele!! Hang in there, anything can happen in a month and a half!! And if you have to apply again, 3rd time may be the charm! I admire your perseverance! And if I were you, I would make sure I write that in my essay!
- May 10, '12 by nursebydesign[QUOTE=Paco69;5787521]Though I cannot guarantee that the books we are using this year are the same as the ones that will be used next year, I do know some people are using older editions of these books (don't know how successful they are by using them tho):
MATH: Henke’s med-math: Dosage calculation, preparation, & administration, 6th Ed. by Bucholz & Henke.
PHARM: Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 7th Ed. by Richard A. Lehne
PATH: There is no required text, but recommended is: Pathology for the Health Professions (4th edition) by Ivan Damjanov.
What other tools/gadgets/iphone apps (looking at Nursing Constellation Plus by Skyscape, its pricey at $180 but may be worth it) would you recommend for school? I'm looking into purchasing a hand held scanner, to scan notes/books that may pop up in class that I want intant access to.
Are there any other books/study aids that you came across/heard about that you recommend?
- May 10, '12 by BioD1234I got in wooooohoooooo
- May 10, '12 by dbabklynQuote from BioD1234Congratulations!!!!!!I got in wooooohoooooo