New York Presbyterian PHARM EXAM! - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 4, '09 by ParkSlopeRNI would like the same info! Did anyone help you out/have you taken the exam yet?
- Aug 4, '09 by sms1313i had an interview and have yet to hear, but im supposed to leave town and dont want to risk not being here to get all of the pre-employment items finished in time. how long do they give you from the time you accept the offer to take the pharm exam and to get your physical? places ive been in the past have required that everything be done w/in a wk and i wont even be here let alone be able to study!!!
- Quote from sms1313It depends when they want you to start. There's an August 17th start date, but I'd assume that'd be cutting it close and they'd prefer you start in September, or later. They recommend 2 weeks to study for pharm. Then the physical takes awhile because unless you had a PPD in the past year, you need 2 PPD tests more than a week apart. So you have to go to employee health a total of 4 times. Then there's other paperwork etc. I was hired in mid-June and start in mid-August (I also had to take the NCLEX in July and took a two week vacation in late June. So I didn't really start working on the pharm test, physical exam, and paperwork until July and I'm almost done now, so it worked out)i had an interview and have yet to hear, but im supposed to leave town and dont want to risk not being here to get all of the pre-employment items finished in time. how long do they give you from the time you accept the offer to take the pharm exam and to get your physical? places ive been in the past have required that everything be done w/in a wk and i wont even be here let alone be able to study!!!
- Aug 5, '09 by ParkSlopeRNThanks abn. How was the NLN pharmacology exam? I have 2 days to study for it -- sort of wishing I had given myself more time. Any tips?
- it's pretty much what they tell you it is. Study that book they recommend (though the test is easier than those practice Qs in the book)
If you fail the first time, just study the print out they give you after your first test and you should be fine.
- Aug 5, '09 by ParkSlopeRNThanks! It all happened so fast -- No job for months, then so much work to do! They told me on the phone that they were "considering me for the position" and scheduled me for the pharm. exam. I assume that this means I'm hired pending my passing of the test? Hmm. Thanks everyone!
- Aug 5, '09 by puppy22Hello ALL!! I was wondering if any of you have graduated recently and just got a job with the hospital??? How did you land the interview? did you have a connect? I have applied numerous times online and still no calls... Thanks and congrats on those who got a job...
- Yes I am a new grad and I also had no luck online. I had two clinicals there - maternity and leadership in my last semester. So when I was there for leadership I popped down to the L&D floor and introduced myself to the nurse manager, told her I had a clinical on her floor last summer, really wanted to work there etc. She said at the time she had no openings, but gave me her card and I followed up and a few weeks later I guess they had openings because she sent my resume to HR and they called me for an interview.
Other people I know got jobs because they knew someone who worked there. I also know some new grads who got interviews by applying online, so it can work if you're persistent and lucky.
But if are in NYC and have a specific dept in mind, I'd recommend dropping your resume off with a nurse manager directly.
- Aug 8, '09 by puppy22Thanks ... Did you interview yet? hope you get/ or got the job!!!
- Aug 13, '09 by adp2485Hi Everyone,
I will be starting work in October - so long as I pass this pharm test! Did anyone take the pediatric one? Do you know if everyone just gets the basic proficiency test? I see in the posts some people talk about a medication list. Is this a list someone compiled after taking the test or a list you were given. I was not given any real guidance! I am really nervous about the test and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Any classes I should focus on in particular?