Montefiore- Interview ProcessRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Montefiore- Interview Process in New York Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi all. Was hoping someone could help describe the interview process to me at Montefiore. I am a...by nursern12 Dec 10, '12Hi all. Was hoping someone could help describe the interview process to me at Montefiore. I am a new graduate, and have an interview with HR this week. Do they hire right on the spot after the interview with HR? Also, if I am hired, I'm curious about what the orientation process is like for new graduates. Any help/advice/comments would be great! Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=801779©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,554 Views
- Dec 10, '12 by shadownessI just interviewed there about a month ago and should be getting an offer soon. What floor are you interviewing for? Basically you interview with HR then they set up a 2nd interview with you and the manager of the floor then they hire you afterwards if they like you.
- Dec 11, '12 by nursern12That's awesome! Congratulations. They didn't tell me what floor I'd be interviewing for. I had been in contact with HR and told them I was interested In pediatrics but am willing to work anywhere. When they emailed me back and scheduled me for an interview, they didn't tell me what floor or anything.
- Dec 11, '12 by shadownessWhat college are you from if you dont mind me asking. Btw... be prepared for a dosage calc test and a basic nursing questions type of test. They were both very easy and only about 10-15 questions each test if i remember correctly.
- Dec 11, '12 by nursern12Thanks! Yeah, HR did tell me to be prepared to take a basic medication test. I'm nervous! I recently graduated from Columbia University. How was the actual interview itself?
- Dec 12, '12 by GotIn2009Shadowness were the questions prioritization questions, pharmacology, or something else?
- Dec 12, '12 by shadownessNo pharm. One test is med math, very basic, dont sweat it. Other test is nursing decision type questions. Also very basic but a little more tricky than the med math in my opinion. You will be fine. Just answer the questions normally and dont sweat it. If it was something to be afraid of id tell you lol
- Dec 14, '12 by shadownessnursern12, i sent you a few pms if you dont mind checking. im not sure if my messages are going through
- Jan 3 by MatchildnurseI have an interview with HR as well. I want to know what you brought and how to prepare? Also how did it go were you hired?
- Feb 16 by HighlyBlessedRNPlease tell me how to prepare for the exam and anything I should be ready for relating to an interview. I been trying to get an interview at Montefiore forever and I finally have my chance. This is the ONLY hospital I am truly desperate to work for. Please anything you can tell me to suceed would be greatly appreciated. Do you get to use a calc for the med cal test? Also should I do NCLEX style questions for the other test? PLEASE HELP!!