St. Vincent's Hospital in Santa Fe, NM - page 2
by Town & Country 13,007 Views | 18 Comments
Hi, Has anyone worked at St. Vincent's Hospital in Santa Fe? :nurse:... Read More
- 0I'm planning to move to Santa Fe and I was looking for a decent hospital to work. After reading this forum I'm not so convinced that I should go there anymore.
Can anyone recomend another hospital in the area? I really need to move next month and I'm still stuck on my choices:uhoh21:
- 1Jul 17, '08 by HouTx GuideBigBro,
Take a look at the age of the previous posts - it looks like St V may have had some problems in the past. But they are managed by a different company now and I know that there have been a lot of changes. For instance, there have ben huge improvements in support areas like the nursing education department.
You may want to make a visit for yourself and check it out. Santa Fe is a beautiful and unique city - I would hate for you to give it a pass based on hearsay.
- 1Jul 17, '08 by thinkinboutitIm actually a st. Vincents baby. Santa Fe native born and raised. It is one of the best citys you will ever live and it is beautiful as all get up. As said in previous posts, go cheak it out. It is the one of the only places to work in Santa fe so make sure u like it. Albuquerque is also an option alot more work and much larger city. You just dont get that small town feeling.
- 0You are maybe right. But I still have my doubts. At the moment I'm in Florida with my family. The plane ticket's are very expensive to just go to NM for a visit. If anyone can give me a recomendation of a good hospital where to work with, I will appreciated. A friend told me to go to Alburqueque better. Any opinions?
- 0Sep 8, '08 by kenny bThere's no reason you can't rent a place in Albuquerque (or even better, Bernallilo), and commute up to Santa Fe for awhile. If you like it, you could get a place up there. If you don't, you could get a place in Albuquerque. The commute is not that bad. I know people who are living here and going to nursing school up there.
- 0May 3, '09 by JBudd GuideQuote from mwjfI wouldn't recommend St. Vincent. Santa Fe has a reputation of only wanting locals to work there and it is very true. I was treated terribly by nurses. Most nurses management positions are held by Doctors wives or daughters. Not a good place to be at any cost.
ABsolutely not true. I'm sorry you feel you were treated poorly, there are always some nurses better than others. The doctor wife/daughter bit is not true; but we are small (relatively) town and there are relatives within the staff. St. Vincent is the second largest employer in the city after all, after state government. I was recruited from out of state, and we continue to recruit whereever we can.
Yes there are problems, but that is true of any health care system trying to adjust to the current economy's mess. Since we were recently taken over by Christus, we are still feeling our way forward and getting things settled in the new order. I've been here many years; these problems too will pass, and then we'll deal with the new ones that always come up.