Endorsement ProcessRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Endorsement Process in New Jersey Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I have recently moved to NJ from Boston and am in the middle of endorsing my RN license. As of now,...by shellypic Dec 7, '10I have recently moved to NJ from Boston and am in the middle of endorsing my RN license. As of now, my application has gone through and I am having my electronic fingerprints done on Thurs. It has already been 7 weeks since I sent in my application/documentation to the NJ board of nursing so i was just wondering if anyone knows about how much longer it should be before I have my NJ license from this point in the process???? I knew it was going to take some time, but I am just really anxious to start working. I know its difficult as it is to find work, but this is holding me back even more so!! Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=520050©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,312 Views
- Jan 12, '11 by 2011LPNJ29I got my application in Nov17,got a letter for finger print on the 17 of december;i got my license number posted on january 4,2011.I have to tell you that i called and ask them alot about my application while some where nice nasty and some were really nice to me but in the end someone heard my cry and posted that number i so needed.I called the board back to thank them for their work though as i know it is not easy but thats just me.I will say it takes me 6 to 8weeks with the snow storm and holidays.Goodluck!
- Jan 12, '11 by AtomicWoman2 months is pretty typical, but I have heard tales of it taking 3 months.
- Jan 16, '11 by 2011LPNJ29I got my paper license this saturday.Goodluck!
- Feb 2, '11 by MrsJerseyI'm in the process of endorsing from PA into NJ and I sent off my application on the 27th of Jan. I received my finger print letter today (suprisingly). I have my appt next Tues to get those done. Do you think the process will be a little faster than the 6 weeks since they seem to be moving fast right now?
- Feb 11, '11 by rhon91I mailed mine in 8/24/10, was finger printed in the fall, probably at least by October and I STILL havent heard!! Thank goodness I have been working in PA... I have been calling but yet to speak to anyone, will keep calling.
- Feb 14, '11 by nycNurse2bI want to endorse to NJ as well. Do I just print the application off the internet or do I have to call and request a hard copy?
(sorry - new to this)
- Feb 15, '11 by AtomicWomanJust print it off the internet.
- Feb 18, '11 by Box1136Calling them has been awful for multiple calls & inquiries!!! Please help. I am a Cdn RN, working in Cda, passed NCLEX, have CGFNS approval, lisc in one state. Also have NJ nurse Lisc by endorsement in process- gone through the large process & cost! Received a letter that the only thing outstanding is 'work authorization'. I called (mult times) to understand what this means. Nobody knows & nobody makes effort to find out. I have had people there guess & give me answers that seems really inaccurate, and some I know are inaccurate but nobody is able to be clear. Supposedly someone is supposed to contact me. Havent heard from anyone. No plans to visit NJ right now.
I guess and ask if they are asking about the TN visa- they dont know. I totally get that I cant work without a TN visa approval. I have never been told that needs to be approved before a lisc is approved. I have looked at 3 other states. I have actually been told by other travel nurses that the visa application later when job offer is given & crossing the boarder to actually get to a job.
Any insight? another number besides the 'regular' general line to call. Lisc by endorsement in NJ...what is the 'work authorization' they require... is this really before lisc? is this not a separate process?