September test takers [NCLEX-RN 2012] - page 2
by Indian_rn2b 13,908 Views | 79 Comments
I am taking my NCLEX-RN exam in mid september.I sometimes feel so unmotivated and just don't feel like studying.So I thought of making a thread for people who are going through the same and preparing for the NCLEX.This thread is... Read More
- 0Aug 23, '12 by wishiwereanurseI'm not a september test taker, but I was in one of these groups three years ago before I passed my exams and I just saw this thread...it brings back the feelings hehehe! so I just wanna drop by and say goodluck to all of you who are taking the exam!!! You can do it!!!
- 0Aug 23, '12 by nursebride2012I am taking my test on August 25th and am thinking of rescheduling it for later next week. I am so scared!!! I have been studying for the last month with the ATI NCLEX app on the Iphone, ATI Review both in person and online, ATI Practice Tests, Saunders 5th edition and NCLEX 4000. My preceptor recommended NCLEX 4000 but I'm not sure if I like it. It's getting down to the crunch time... I do about 225-300 questions a day and am getting consistently mid 60's to 80's. I'm not sure if that is good or bad? What would you consider to be good.... I'm freaking out not because it's getting so close... any things I should be studying really hard?
- 0Aug 23, '12 by shunnykI would like to join your group. I am waiting on my ATT, I graduated on Aug 3rd; so prayerfully it will be here within the next two weeks and I will be able to test in the month of September. I am using Kaplan Pn, Saunders, Exam Cram, the 35pg study guide floating around and I am thinking about purchasing the 3wk course from NCSBN.
- 0Aug 23, '12 by Indian_rn2bI am waiting for my eligibility from my board.It will take 2-3 weeks probably.I have finished PDA, Kaplan strategy book and hurst review.I am working on Saunders now and combining Kaplan course book.Content is my focus,not doing any questions for now but I am gonna start a habit of doing minimum 50 and maximum 150 every day.I truly believe that it doesn't matter how many hours you have studied or from how many months you've been practicing for this test.what matters is how you are studying? is it working for you?Everyone has their own studying styles.So just find what works for you.
Good luck to all of us.Never question yourself.Just believe we CAN and we WILL..
- 0Aug 24, '12 by Indian_rn2b@ALL
I have a question..
Is it a good idea to combine 2 books..I am doing Saunders 4th edition and Kaplan course book togther.Its working for me for me.I am able to retain the information but i am not sure if this is how i should do it? or should i first finish Saunders and then do Kaplan course book?..what you say?
- 0Aug 24, '12 by Deea0279Any suggetions on how to study for nclex RN?? I am retaking test probably in OCTober..I have ATI, MAry Hogan comprehensive review/rationales. I have lacharity book on it's way...My test shut off at 140ish.Thought I was doing good but failed on 1st try) Any suggestions would be greatly apprecited..