Passed NCLEX Without Review Course - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 19 by billoOK, so it means it doesn't matter when I will give exam, I mean after April also. First I have to take ESL, after that NCLEX.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 19 : Reason: ToS--text speak removed
- Jan 19 by Alum08Quote from billoI did the content review first- which for me was reading the Hurst book first, then did practice questions. My final day of studying I went through a smaller book to refresh and reinforce what I had been studying. Occasionally I would take notes from the practice questions. Although, I never found time to go back and review the notes I took. I found it helpful to write some things down - but never went over the notes, so that may have been a time sucker.Hi, thanks alum
Sorry I forgot to mention it, I gave NCLEX once last year but I didn't pass. That time I took Kaplan live review course, and this year I took Hurst live review course. I have Saunders 4th edition, Kaplan, Lippincott, PDA book. But I don't know how I will start. From where I will start my study? Please tell me, it's very difficult for me.
- Jan 19 by IloveNursing2214I wish you the best. Try to do as many question from many sources as you can. Some people are smart and know they info, but are horrible at test taking....maybe that's you? Figure that out. If i can help, please let me know. Good Luck.
- Jan 19 by IloveNursing2214Quote from kemifairI wish you the best. Try to do as many question from many sources as you can. Some people are smart and know they info, but are horrible at test taking....maybe that's you? Figure that out. If i can help, please let me know. Good Luck.Thank u alum I need all the encouragement that I can.
- Jan 19 by kemifairYes if u can help I would appreciate it. I am good with content but I have to apply it.
- Jan 23 by CrazierThanYouI didn't do a prep course either. I used the Saunder's CD and the Hurst Review Book. I thought the test was super easy and I passed with 75 questions.
Personally, I think prep courses are a money racket. I'm sure they help some people but I know most of the people in my class that took it probably didn't really need it. Our school really pushed Kaplan and almost everyone bought into the hype.
- Jan 23 by davi000hi billo,
i did my nsg in 2003.from india too. so i am taking in march. because test will b more difficult after 31 march.so try to take before. just give it try. study hard. may be god will help us. this is mine 2nd time too. but last time i even didnt touch the books. just wanted to see how it looks like. this time i am studying a lot since june. but i keep forgetting the one i read couple months before. so i decided now take 25 days off work. then try it. before even i just didnt want to take .because it was too long gap.didnt want to be bookworm again. whole life was like study study study.
but now tired to working as cna. i just want try one time now.i am really want to be done .i think i can do it. but GOD knows. good luck to u .