Need advice on HOW to study for nclex-pn! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 31 by determine2012hello everyone,i really need some good advice. ive taken the nclex pn 3time and im going on my 4th time.im going crazy i really dont known what to study and how to study.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
- Jan 31 by determine2012jagged777 do you have any suggestion for me. like you give to tatacho
please i really need help
- Feb 2 by determine2012Jagged777....i used the saunders(green book)
- Feb 2 by AlessaRosedetermine 2012, I took the nclex PN yesterday.. I did the pvt right after and got the good pop up.. it made me feel a little better but im still waiting for the official result. so im hoping and praying..
anyway, i just wanted to say that I used the green Saunders book as well. Study the content and especially those topics with the green triangle on the side. I also used ATI questions (but that one i got from school) I bought the NCSBN 3 week extn and I did their practice questions. My advice is too really study your contents.. try going over one content each day and at the same time do about 100-200 questions each day.. ( I know its a lot but i guess just do atleast 100 a day) start with your weakest content. another thing i used is the study guide that was floating around here...I read and took notes.. all 35 pages, went through a couple page a day till i got through the whole thing...also know lab values (really know them) know isolation precaution, prioritization, and delegation.
Good luck! keep pushing yourself.. i believe you can do it.. just believe in yourself.
- Feb 4 by AlessaRoseJust an update: found out I passed!! Good luck! If you need any help just ask.
- Feb 4 by jagged777@determine I know how you feel. You can still pass n u have to believe in yourself that u can. Go to the first page of the thread n try the steps I listed. It worked for me n it also helped others too. Get the books I listed there too. If u still need help, u can pm me good luck n don't give up.
- Feb 16 by determine2012im so happy for you!
- Feb 16 by determine2012jagged777
i just got all the book you listed....i will start on monday,by the way how long do i need to study for.
- Feb 16 by jagged777@ determine Well Saunders book recommends six weeks of study and practicing questions and pea son vue let you retest the nclex in 45 days= 6wks if you don't pass. So in my opinion take 6 wks or as long as you need, but not to long though. Just make sure you set goals/ study schedule and stick to it don't deviate and if you do get right back into it. There will be times you will be discouraged absolutely, just keep positive thoughts and reaffirmation like I will pass my nclex pn exam. Believe the statement and say to yourself everyday when you wake, coming in from work and mean it. Praying, meditating, working out helps clear you mind and increases clarity. At the end of the day find what work best for you. You can follow the steps i wrote on the first verbatim or modify it to suit you need. Before i forget, start studying your weak areas first and then review areas you already know after. The kaplan strategies book for nclex pn 2012 - 2013 read it about 5 times cover to cover, till you know the strategies by heart. I know it sound overkill but knowing the strategy and being able to identify what the question the asking helps a lot. There are a lot of success stories on allnurses.com to read for encouragement. Stay positive and you will do well this time. Oh one more thing, since you are going to pass this, have a shot of tequila on my behalf LOL joking. It also helps to laugh and smile as opposed to feeling sad and defeated. Good Luck.