NCLEX Tomorrow.Register Today!
- by MissHaleyDawn Jun 28, '12Just went on a test drive to the testing center. Hopefully the people of the large city I have to venture into are in a good mood around 1:00. :spin:
Test anxiety is starting to kick in. I'm effectively locked in, it's past the 24h mark in order to reschedule. I know now's really not the time to be second guessing myself, but I can't help it. I have a job riding on this; I wouldn't be half as stressed if the hospital hadn't called and offered me a new grad position. I know around 90% of first time test takers pass, but GAH! I was the one who struggled through school and never really managed to beef up my confidence when it comes to test taking because I rode the line all the way through.
Please pray for me.
- 520 Views
- Jun 28, '12 by Mya2bRNPrayers sent up! Good luck!!
- Jun 28, '12 by leanjessGood luck, RN!!!!!!!
- Jun 28, '12 by Canny0626I know exactly how you feel. I am taking it tomorrow as well and I also have a job riding on this!! Soooo nerve-wrecking! I feel like I will never be prepared enough for this exam... everytime I crack open my Saunders book, I see something I've read before but couldn't retain. How did you prepare for it? Did you use Kaplan?
- Jun 28, '12 by MissHaleyDawnThank you for your prayers!
I completely understand. It's almost like I don't remember anything from nursing school at this point. I used Kaplan, our school required we take it after graduation. My scores have been iffy. My readiness is a 67, but trainer 7 (it's a 265 question test) I only got a 58 on...I tried taking it again and got a 56. Kaplan likes to see 60 or better, I think, to be confident. Trying not to get wrapped up in my scores! I wish I would have had time to order a Saunders book, or had the money to invest in Hurst. I've heard lots of good things about both of those review sources.
Good luck to you, I'll say a pray for you and myself tonight! What time do you test?
- Jun 28, '12 by Canny0626My test is at 2:00pm! I didn't have money for Kaplan so all I did was read Saunders cover-to-cover. I didn't do as many questions as other people did which is worrying me right now. Best of luck to you tomorrow!! I hope we both pass with flying colors =)