Hurst ReviewRegister Today!
- by cherribonbon Feb 27Hi everyone, I'm finally got my ATT and scheduled my NCLEX-RN exam for March 18. I thinking about doing the Hurst Review because I lack in some content. But I want to know if it's worth it and if I should use other materials along with it? Or can I just stick with Hurst to pass the exam? This will be first time taking it.
- Feb 27 by ♪♫ in my ♥From my experience, I'd forgo the $$$ on the review courses and simply utilize the chapter reviews from your textbooks. If you really need a supplement, toss in Saunders or one of the other review books. Nobody from my class used an outside prep program and yet we all passed on the first try.
Keep in mind that the first-time pass rate of US-educated nursing grads exceeds 85% so the numbers are in your favor.
- Feb 27 by MaleRN55I've been following this site for a while and just recently passed boards. I can't speak for Hurst but I believe I owe it all to Kaplan. I had a strong core content so I chose Kaplan which really helps break down what the NCLEX is looking for. Good luck!
- Feb 27 by Bella2917I took hurst and it's wonderful for content but Kaplan is great for the qbank...but I needed content. I have the Kaplan course book and using nclex 3500 also Saunders questions..but the hurst review was excellent its so easy to understand!
- Feb 27 by DoeRNI took hurst 4 days before NCLEX and passed the first time. I didn't study anything else.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Feb 27 by Bella2917Omg really?? So should I just stick with hurst and leave the rest? What about the 5th day documents ? Did u study the meds from there?
- Feb 28 by St_Claire1.5 weeks before the test I read the Kaplan Strategy book including all the questions. I then went to http://nursing.slcc.edu/nclexrn3500/mainMenu.do and did two 75 question tests each day. I read all the rationales as I went along. I passed with 75 questions.
For me getting familiar with the tests was the most helpful. The more I practiced the better I felt able to work my way through the questions.
- Feb 28 by Racer15Hurst review was all I did. I did the live review, watched the maternity nursing and management videos online, did two q reviews, and that was about it. Never looked at the 5th day materials. I probably could have skipped the review and saved some money, but I figured it had been so long since I covered certain material that it couldn't hurt.
- Feb 28 by cherribonbonThank you guys for your input and assistance. I'm going to stick with Hurst and look over the LaCharity PDA and Kaplan book for reinforcement.