How long did it take to take the NCLEX?Register Today!
- by Ashley, PICU RN Apr 10, '11Hi all,
I graduate May 14th of this year and my certificate of completion will be issued on May 20th. The hospital where I will be working has the first orientation scheduled June 6th. What are the chances I will be able to complete the NCLEX before then?
How long did it take from the time you submitted an application until you were able to sit for the exam?
I really want to start in June! Thanks!
- Apr 10, '11 by sunnycalifRNIf you do it by mail, I'd say your chances are pretty marginal. You might be able to speed up the process by hand carrying everything . . . get the paperwork from your school in person, hand carry the paperwork to the board and try to get your Authorization to test the same day (good luck with that!!)
Sometimes if you do things in person, the staff will accelerate things because you can explain your situation in person.
- Apr 10, '11 by caliotter3It depends on how long it takes your school to do their part.
- Apr 10, '11 by CCL RNIt's totally up to your school, and when they release your info.
- Apr 10, '11 by IzcenineQuote from sunnycalifRNCame here to say this. I graduate on the 19th of May, and I have a job lined up in an ER (which I worked my butt off for (My preceptorship was there)).Ashley,
many hospitals will hire you before you've passed NCLEX, with the understanding that you must have passed by a certain date. That's how I was hired at my present job.
Start calling hospitals HR departments. A lot of them have fellowships that you can train in while you are a GN.
- Apr 10, '11 by Nessa,RNLet's see...I got my background check completed a month before I graduated, I graduated Dec. 18 and during that time I submitted my mail in app to the board of nursing. The beginning of January I registered and paid for the pearson vue site and literally got my ATT the day after. I didn't take my NCLEX until mid March but that was my choice bc I wanted time to breathe!! I hope this helps.