Welcome to the Missouri State Forum! - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 7, '06 by suebird3Hey, all! Glad to see more of you posting.
- Sep 8, '06 by greenbirdhi ! i am from Livingston county Mo. I have been in nursing for 20 years! started as a cna and now i am an LPN.:spin:
- Sep 8, '06 by suebird3Hi, GreenBird! Nice to meet you.
- Sep 12, '06 by SteponmeRNHello there. I have been lurking for a little bit and decided to get in here and get registered. I am from Franklin County and live near Six Flags. I was an LPN x 10 years and graduated from Deaconess College of Nursing and just passed boards last Saturday. My goal is to specialize in labor and delivery and womens health.. Hi everone!
- Sep 13, '06 by ikatiana21Im from Union, MO but Im living in STL for my ASN program at Barnes Jewish College of Nursing.
- Sep 15, '06 by aacurtis72Hello everyone,
I am currently living in the suburbs of Chicago, IL and we are moving to the Rolla, MO area after I graduate (that's in May). I will be graduating with an ADN/RN and I was wondering if I should take the NCLEX in Missouri or take it in Illinois and transfer my license? Does anyone have any advice what I should do? Also, I was wondering about Phelps county regional medical center and if they hire new grads? Please help me out and thanks.
- Sep 15, '06 by suebird3I would personally get my license in Illinois, and then the MO one IF you take Boards before the move. Have you considered having licensure in both states?
- Sep 17, '06 by allthingsbrightHey guys! I am in KC and am in my second semester at Penn Valley (ADN). Man, it is hard work but I am loving it!
- Sep 17, '06 by 4jenQuote from allthingsbrightHow old are your children? I have a 8 week old and a 2 1/2 year old. I start the Penn Valley program in Jan (evening/weekend) so I am curious if it is hard to juggle family and school? I keep hearing these awful stories about people not spending any time with their families until after school is over.Hey guys! I am in KC and am in my second semester at Penn Valley (ADN). Man, it is hard work but I am loving it!
Also can I ask do they seem more organized once you are in the program than they do prior to starting?
- Sep 17, '06 by thumperRNHey!! I'm from the NE corner of the state - don't think I'd want to live anywhere else in the world - great small community, wonderful school, and near family. So glad to be from MO - so glad this thread is going!! :wink2: