Lees Summit Medical Center?Register Today!
- by RNpandoraRN Oct 17, '08Anyone currently work there or know anything about it? I know it's HCA and I have heard horror stories about HCA hospitals, but I have never heard anything good or bad about LSMC. I'm specifically interested in their L&D unit, so if anyone has delivered there or knows anything about the work environment in that unit, please do tell!!!
- Oct 18, '08 by hospitalstaphI truly cannot comment on the L&D unit at this hospital. However, as an ER nurse at another hospital, I was VERY impressed by the care they gave a close relative last year in their ER. The nurses were fabulous, Dr was quick to inform us of any information, etc. It was a very good experience and my relative is doing well.
Hope this helps
- Nov 9, '08 by BlueBugI was just contacted by their HR person and was wondering about this hospital too. Any news would be greatly appreciated.
I have heard the HCA rumors too, and wonder.
- Nov 9, '08 by shoegalRNI work there now as a Nurse Intern. Nice hopsital, good staffing, nice working environment. Don't know too much about the L&D unit, except that it's NEW, and the last time I worked, they had delievered about 20 babies to date.
Yes, they are HCA. I havent experienced anything "bad" working there because they are HCA.
A good thing is the hospital is really small (about 64 beds total) and they do float their RN's to the ICU/Tele/ER, so you get a range of experience.
Another thing about the hospital is the patient load. The nurses dont have anymore than 5 patients. Sometimes, they may have 6 (if a nurse calls in or something), but they make sure each nurse has their own PCT for their patient load if that is the case. Normally, the patient load is 3:1, with 4 nurses on one hall and a PCT for the entire hall.
The clients there are mostly older and they come mainly from John Knox.
Overall, it's a good place to work. However, I don't think I'm gonna stay there after graduation because the acuity is not that great in my opinion.
- Nov 10, '08 by allthingsbrightHi-I know some nurses who work their L&D unit--it is slow but they seem to like it!
- Dec 2, '08 by dolphindI too have heard the rumors about HCA. I have a friend who was hired on at an HCA hospital and she loves it.
- Dec 23, '08 by 4jenHey there, I did clinicals there. I am almost 100% they are closing the L&D unit.
- Dec 31, '08 by DebbyinmoI am a new grad and I do not know what the term "HCA" means - can someone shed some light on the "newbie"? Thank you! :wink2: