Should I take Chemistry before Biology?Register Today!
- by NickieSever Dec 1, '09I'm trying to plan my classes for my first semester and I'm having a hard time. I have no daycare for my 4 kids so I/m trying to plan all my classes at night. I was told that I Chemistry is recommended before Biology, but Chem doesn't have any night classes currently. Am I ok to take Biology first? Or should I really take Chem first? (I have some chem experience but not enough for the school to let me skip taking it.)
- Dec 1, '09 by JubilayheeYes you will do fine in Bio without Chem. I know I did
- Dec 1, '09 by Cid13I agree. I don't think you NEED chemistry before Biology. I'd also look to see what your school has for prereqs for the Biology class. If chemistry isn't listed, than you are good.
- Dec 1, '09 by natalia13Quote from Cid13Exactly, if it isnt a prerequisite then you should be fine. why dont you talk to some people at the school: coordinators, teachers, Students etc..I agree. I don't think you NEED chemistry before Biology. I'd also look to see what your school has for prereqs for the Biology class. If chemistry isn't listed, than you are good.
- Dec 1, '09 by xptp29aIf you are talking about Biol 1001 at NHCC, then chemistry is recommended, but not required. Pretty sure there isn't a lot of chemistry knowledge needed for a basic biology class such as this.
- Dec 2, '09 by NickieSeverThank you for all your replies!
xptp29a: Yes. I'm talking about Biol 1001 at NHCC and it says HS chem recommended (but not required).
There is a waiting list for the Child Care Grant so I'm finding it a little difficult to schedule everything at night right now. lol My sister went to this school several years back and said she was told to take Bio and then Chem. Weird. We'll see what the school says when I go talk to them on Monday.
- Dec 8, '09 by HopefullyORIf it's only recommended but not required...go for it! Plus you will gain access sooner to further bio classes that you will need such as Anatomy and Physiology (since basic biology is a prereq to both).