Rate of pay for home health nurse in mass?Register Today!
- by Thor77 Sep 14, '10Can anybody please give me ideas on the rate of pay for home health nursing in MA? I am an experienced RN-BSN since 2002. Any input would be appreciated.
- Sep 16, '10 by NeoPediRNIt's extremely variable depending the type of home health. Skilled visits $40-60 depending on the type. Oasys forms = bigger $ for a bigger pain. Homecare varies greatly, I've seen anywhere from $24-45/hour. With the places I've seen once you're experienced you're considered experienced and pay is not commisurate with years in the field.
- Sep 17, '10 by Thor77Thanks for the input RN4
- Oct 25, '10 by UMassRN007I'm currently a full time ICU nurse, but i'm also doing home care on the side. I only do skilled visits and the pay is $30 for just a visit, and $50 to admit a patient. I know you can also do blocks of time at a patients home if they need it (i.e. a kid with a trach @ home) who needs overnight coverage etc, but I'm not sure what the pay rate is. The only thing about just doing skilled visits is you're not guaranteed a certain amount of hours in a week. A skilled visit usually takes apx 30min, while a admission is around 1hr.Its a nice supplemental check when things get busy and you're just looking for some extra cash
- Oct 25, '10 by caliotter3As with all employers, you need to be especially careful because home health employers like to pay different rates to different employees, if they think one person is more gullible than another. They assume that when nurses meet each other that they never discuss pay rates.
- Nov 10, '10 by AlvindudleyI get paid $55/visit for skilled and $32 and hour for private duty-goes to $34/hour on weekends. Another agency I work for is flat $33/hour. And they reimburse mileage at the hourly rate for travel beyond 1/2 hour from home.
- Feb 23, '11 by MauraRNI am thinking of applying to VNA Southeastern MA. Does anyone know rate of pay, mileage, etc? I am currently doing psych home care and need a permanent mental health break from these pts.
thanks for any info.
- Mar 29, '11 by imelissa1Quote from AlvindudleyMay I ask what agencies are paying these rates, Alvindudley?I get paid $55/visit for skilled and $32 and hour for private duty-goes to $34/hour on weekends. Another agency I work for is flat $33/hour. And they reimburse mileage at the hourly rate for travel beyond 1/2 hour from home.
- Apr 13, '12 by hlj123Hi, I'm just curious,,,what exactly is a "skilled visit"? (as opposed to the other visits you speak of?)
- Apr 14, '12 by caliotter3Quote from hlj123Believe they refer to skilled visits, also called "intermittent" visits, versus extended care or continuous care. A skilled visit is basically where you go for a short period of time, usually 45 minutes to an hour, perform certain tasks targeted for that visit, and leave to go to your next scheduled visit. Several visits are made during your work day. Extended care is where you perform all aspects of care for one patient, for a shift, usually eight hours.Hi, I'm just curious,,,what exactly is a "skilled visit"? (as opposed to the other visits you speak of?)