Anne Arundel Community College Nursing
- 0May 5, '10 by luvly189I just want to know what is the average GPA to get into the nursing program at aacc? I have a 3.3-3.4 but im not sure if thats good enough. Also, when are clinicals and classes and how long do they last? Will i be able to keepp my job?
- 5,453 Visits
- 1May 7, '10 by SiennaGreenThe GPA cut off varies semester to semester. I have heard anywhere from 3.7 to 3.0....depends on who you talk to.
I'm 3rd semester and am really enjoying the program. It is pretty intense and honestly, you'll be most succesful if you look at it as your FT job. It's hard to work. Some people do, especially if they have no other obligations..it works out okay. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
- 0May 7, '10 by SiennaGreenAlso, class and clinical vary by semester. Our first semester was lecture 3-4 days a week and lab another day for the first half of the semester. 9-2 kind of stuff. Then the second half was lecture 2-3 days a week and clinical 1-2 full days a week. Clinicals can be anywhere from 6:30 -4:30 and were usually 8 hrs. 2nd and 3rd semester break out differently but you can expect to be in lecture for a few hours a day 2, maybe 3 days a week; and then in clinical 2 days a week. You still have to plan studying, projects, papers, care plans, et cet.
Like I said, it feels like a FT job to do well.
- 0May 18, '10 by luvly189Sorry it took so long to reply back siennagreen. But yea so my GPA is a 3.4 and they will be mailing out letters very soon and really hope i can get in. im an in county resident so maybe they will take that into consideration. Hopefully the gpa's arent extremely high for this fall semester and i will be able to make it in By the way what is an FT job?...thanks for the info.
- 0Jun 7, '10 by jlawrence3Hi Sienna...I also attend AACC Nursing PRGM. I was interested in Kowing about the schedule and books need for 3rd semester. I just completed my first year, excited about finishing strong. Is MedSurg 2 as challenging as medsurgI? Is Peds more demanding than MedSurg2. I would like to read ahead and would like to know what to expect from the mental health aspect of medsurg II and also what book I should get for Peds. Thanks for any info.
- 1Jun 7, '10 by SiennaGreenI didn't find Med Surg 2 as challenging as 1. Peds was more challenging simply due to the sheer volume of information and projects, paperwork, et cet. Many people found Peds to be quite challenging.
I personally wouldn't do too much reading ahead. You could skim through the text if you want, but everythign you need to know gets explained in the PP presentations and lectures. I did the online MedSurg2 and I actually think it was more work than just going to class. The forum discussions were time consuming.
Text wise. I always buy an older edition of the text, used, online, really cheap. I got the Peds text 2nd ed. for less than $5 and it worked fine. I would rather the spend the money on Review and Rationale books for each section. Plus, if it turns out that you need it, you can always run over to the bookstore and get it.
Enjoy your summer!
- 0Jun 7, '10 by SiennaGreenHmmm...I don't have it presently. It was the older version, of the required text for class. IMO, as long as it has thebasic info that you're going to need to look up. You're fine. Find out what is required through the bookstore and then search for an older edition. try Amazon or my favorite is Buy New / Used Books to Fund Literacy Worldwide at BetterWorldBooks.com
- 0Mar 13, '11 by peachysaI am a lvn in texas im thinking about moving to annapolis and I am looking at the lpn to rn program at anne arundell community college I have all of my prereqs except micro. Do they make you take chem before micro there? also how long is the program if you have all of your prereqs and whats the cost?