The Guys Club: Guy Students Come on In!Register Today!
- by agent Aug 7, '03Hi All!
I'm a crazy father of 2 ex-premed who just recently turned down Northwestern to go into a RN program.
I already have an Associate in Science, but I'll be getting another ADN and then go to a 4 yr school.
When I went to an info session about the RN program ill be trying to get into, out of like 70 ppl only 5 were guys.
So I want to know are there any men out there?
- 189,441 Views
- Aug 7, '03 by GampopaYeah, here's one. I'll be starting a Nurse Doctorate program at the Uni. Colorado Aug. 25!
- Aug 7, '03 by bigwavedavehere's another. senior at university of tx @ arlington!! i know what you mean agent- when we started last fall out of ~100 there were 10 guys, now due to some of them failing classes we are down to like 5 or 6 now.
- Aug 7, '03 by agentGlad to see you guys.
I think it will be slightly to my advantage to be the only guys amongst a bunch of women, but im also slightly scared by it.
- Aug 7, '03 by GampopaBeing a single guy, I guess I'll just have to deal with it
- Aug 7, '03 by bedpanWell darn! Left out again! Oh well, story of my life!
I am male and a student - but in an LPN Program - Hopefully will go on for RN after becoming liscensed as an LPN
- Aug 7, '03 by trucker2nrsIts not bad at all, well most of the time.
Glad to be one of the few
- Aug 7, '03 by vettechOriginally posted by Gampopa
Being a single guy, I guess I'll just have to deal with it
Being the rare guy isn't that big of a deal. When I got my Vet Tech degree (vet equivalent of an ADN) I was the only male in a graduating class of 28. From what I saw in orientation, it looks like men will be mopre common this time around.
- Aug 7, '03 by epg_peiI'm a single 35 year old guy going into my second year of a 4 year program at the University of New Brunswick. I am one of about 10 students out of a class of 90 or so. I'm told that's the highest percentage of guys they've ever had in a class.