Problems/Issues encountered as an director of nursing - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 19 by NurseGuyBriYES Nascar, head on the nail! I'm right with you. I LOVE my job but there are some facets that would be so much better if people weren't so unrealistic in their demands. I do feel that survey gives unrealistic expectations- I wish it were more objective, but so does everyone else. I hear that they are going to do more observation and use documentation as supporting evidence. my experience (almost all of my tags) have been documentation issues. I also understand unfortunately that surveyors have to make a decision on how safe/secure/accurate a facility is in less that one week a year, so that has to be tough too.
- Mar 20 by Esme12threads merged
- Mar 30 by wyogypsyBe careful what company you work for. I have worked for great companies, and recently worked for a company that makes it impossible for the administrative staff at individual facilities to be successful. If the surveys have been awful for a long time, then take a look at the company. Not 'every' administrator and DON they have had was bad, so the common denominator is the company.
- Mar 31 by SuzieVNThe DON is the first to get canned by corporate. You will have zero autonomy, even as a NHA- don't believe anything otherwise. You do what they say, and you get canned. If you don't you will get canned. If your survey blows, canned. If it's impeccable- you'll get for another reason. Good luck. Oh- and keep your calculator in hand- if you go 'off' the grid for staffing numbers on any shift? Yes- CANNED.
- Mar 31 by SuzieVNQuestin: I know a LOT of DONs that have been canned 3,4 5 times in a year. What do they say on their resumes. "Wasn't a good fit"? Curious, really.