Family diagnosticians: just Google it!Register Today!
- by fulzgold Jan 16, '12Ok,this is makeing me crazy. What do you do when family members google a med and insist this med is the cause of some S/E. Yes, by God, they've Googled the med, read the S/E, assessed the patient and noted the S/S and want that med discontinued! Sheesh! It must be nice to be sooooo smart, that all you have to do is Google, and "Eureka" you and you alone, have discovered the answer and none of the experts caught it!! DUDE! "We're not worthy" :bowingpur
- Jan 17, '12 by CapeCodMermaidIt's even worse when staff members do it to diagnose themselves.
- Jan 17, '12 by Flo.Drives me batty. I hate it when they come in requesting this med or that test because thats what webmd said.
- Jan 18, '12 by noc4senufThen i discuss it with them but, they are not the medical professionals.
- Jan 25, '12 by Aem1215Revisit the benefits of the medication, and, if that doesn't work, give them the doctor's office phone number and tell them he/ she would be happy to hear their concern!
- Jan 30, '12 by michelle126Quote from CapeCodMermaidI have to admit that I do a lot of diagnosing myself, but then I don't do doctors. Hah.It's even worse when staff members do it to diagnose themselves.
I dealt with a Dr Google this weekend. Very, very fun. They got the number to the doc and was told to wait until monday to call him.
- Jan 30, '12 by caliotter3I would simply refer them to their doctor for that discussion.